yconic - UTSC Management Co-op vs Laurier BBA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTSC Management Co-op vs Laurier BBA

A photo of KevinL KevinL
Can someone explain to me the difference between UTSC and Laurier. Which side is better if you want to go into accounting, finance, etc....
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Laurier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChickenSoup ChickenSoup
Im's not so sure but both are very good. the thing about laurier is the fact that its beside waterloo and they are accounting hot spots. commerce, banking or general business...uoft. accounting..laurier
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
I would choose UTSC Management Co-op, though both are very good programs I would choose UTSC because of the "UofT" name, guaranteed co-op whereas at Laurier you don't know if you will get co-op or not, and just because your in Toronto. You will have more opportunities as Bay Street is a bus ride away. You'll have more fun at Laurier though, and it's also an excellent program. But I would choose UTSC if it was up to me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JoeSmith JoeSmith

@goldmansachs wrote
I would choose UTSC Management Co-op, though both are very good programs I would choose UTSC because of the "UofT" name, guaranteed co-op whereas at Laurier you don't know if you will get co-op or not, and just because your in Toronto. You will have more opportunities as Bay Street is a bus ride away. You'll have more fun at Laurier though, and it's also an excellent program. But I would choose UTSC if it was up to me.

Is UTSC better for Accounting though. It is not fully accredited.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17
laurierrrr
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen

@goldmansachs wrote

A very long TTC subway + bus ride. Knowing the TTC, it'll take more than an hour and break down/have delays multiple times. But yes, Bay Street is in the city.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@JoeSmith wrote

@goldmansachs wrote

Is UTSC better for Accounting though. It is not fully accredited.

No, Laurier is definitely better. IMO Laurier is top 4 for acocunting (The "Big 4" lol accounting joke) and personally I would choose Laurier over UTSC for any aspect of business really. But definitely accounting.

I have said it multiple times as well- if you can't get into co-op or get a summer internship at Laurier, what makes you think you will be able to land a solid co-op job at UTSC? It's not like you're going to get Big 4 at UTSC and nothing at Laurier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs

@PaperPen wrote

A very long TTC subway + bus ride. Knowing the TTC, it'll take more than an hour and break down/have delays multiple times. But yes, Bay Street is in the city.

I didn't literally mean a bus ride away, just meant that in a "you can get there easily" sense lol.

He got co-op, if he just got management then I would recommend him to go Laurier. I have two friends in the program, one got a co-op opportunity at Nike and got her opportunity at CIBC. If you can do well there, you can get some pretty good coop opportunities. Some of my friend's friends got placements at IBM so yeah, and the fact that within the co-op you get to graduate within 4 years is really good.

I know more about the UTSC program though, so I'm just giving you the other side.

It's up to you :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of stanleytsang stanleytsang

@goldmansachs wrote

I'm also in a similar position, deciding between laurier BBA w/ co-op and UTSC managment w/ co-op, but I never new co-op was GUARANTEED. I thought you need a certain GPA in first year to get co-op for second year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of stanleytsang stanleytsang

@stanleytsang wrote

@goldmansachs wrote

I'm also in a similar position, deciding between laurier BBA w/ co-op and UTSC managment w/ co-op, but I never new co-op was GUARANTEED. I thought you need a certain GPA in first year to get co-op for second year.

Anyone care to comment on the guaranteed co-op at UTSC for management?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jmb jmb
Laurier....lmao scarborough is pretty nice though :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
You need to maintain a certain average to stay in like every co-op program, so it's not really "guaranteed". You are guaranteed to as long as you meet the mark requirement.

And then there is the whole matter of getting a job...
Was this helpful? Yes 0