yconic - UTSC pre-program...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTSC pre-program...

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Okay so last semester my average was 80. I applied to UTSC Management Co-op but as my average was too low, they gave me an alternate offer, Management (Pre-Program). This semester I've managed to bump up my average to around 88. My question is, if I don't make a decision for the pre-program offer, will it affect my chances of possible getting an offer for the main program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of jtsai jtsai
I heard preprogram was a piece of crap. I'm in the same situation you are, I got into the preprogram with an average of 83, and i bumped it to a 89.5 this semester. I hear they accept thousands of applicants, and kick those who do not achieve a gpa of 3.3.

And i don't think it will. Preprogram is an offer that they offered, not one that you asked for. I called, and they said they will reconsider our applications in may. So no, it does not affect your offers regardless of whether you accept of decline.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jtsai jtsai
They said admission depends on your EC's, Supp, and your average, with particular attention paid to the prereqs. I'm a person who always like to assume the worst, so, i think if your average is an 88, while the 3 prereqs are above low 80s, you should fine. In worst case scenario, they will accept you into the normal business and not coop.

I heard rumours that the cutoff last year was a 89 for coop, and 87 for regular management, and preprogram was offered to a lot of people. But i doubt those rumours are true, except the prepgoram one, since they told me that they do not have a cutoff.

So you should be okay, as long as your prereqs are decent, and your application was half decent.

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0