yconic - UTSC Res.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTSC Res.

A photo of stanleytsang stanleytsang
As much as people bash the social life at UTSC, I'm considering it.
So out of the two types of res, which one would you recommend, townhouses or the apartment at foley hall. Also, which one homes the most MGMT students?

If townhouses, which hall is the best (in terms of anything, such as cleanliness and social life).

Thanks

*EDIT: I noticed that Foley Hall costs about $600 more for 2 terms. Is there any reason that it is more expensive that the rest of the single room townhouse halls?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of SparklingBG SparklingBG
Most first years live in the townhouses and since there are significantly more townhouse rooms compared to the apartments, more mgt students would be living in the townhouses but you do realize that you will be able to interact with mgt students in your classes as well... living with them shouldn't be a #1 factor when selecting a type of residence.

In terms of the most spirit halls, it really varies year to year depending on the people living there but i can tell you that each hall is assigned RAs who are very spritied people and they plan tons of events throughout the year

for more information about residence, it bests if you go to their facebook page or the reztalk page (http://flavors.me/reztalkutsc#_)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of stanleytsang stanleytsang
I noticed that Foley Hall costs about $600 more for 2 terms. Is there any reason that it is more expensive that the rest of the single room townhouse halls?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jordan23 Jordan23

@stanleytsang wrote
As much as people bash the social life at UTSC, I'm considering it.
So out of the two types of res, which one would you recommend, townhouses or the apartment at foley hall. Also, which one homes the most MGMT students?

If townhouses, which hall is the best (in terms of anything, such as cleanliness and social life).

Thanks

*EDIT: I noticed that Foley Hall costs about $600 more for 2 terms. Is there any reason that it is more expensive that the rest of the single room townhouse halls?

I don't think there is a choice between townhouse and apartment this coming fall because all first years will be given townhouse. Apartments are not available to first years (not sure why). Also, everyone living in your townhouse will be in the same program as you. By the looks of it, you'll be heading to management, so everyone in your townhouse will be in the same program as you (another new thing they are trying). I guess you'll have a lot more interaction with the people in your program. Hope that helps. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted