yconic - UTSC?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTSC?

A photo of studentR93 studentR93
So when I was accepted, I had an 82.3% average (first semester). Second semester, I fell, and now I have a 78.5% average (I found out on my graduation day, yesterday).

Now my question is, how much of a drop will UTSC accept before they decide to revoke offers?

Thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of AhIsee AhIsee
People state 2-3% drop is the safe zone for overall average, however, the final "cut" would be 5% drop overall.

Talk to your guidance @ school or call UTSC and ask their admissions office or whomever does admissions about your situation, they'll probably have an answer for you.

Worst case scenario I foresee would be summer school for your lowest course to boost it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hyrussk71 hyrussk71
Ahslee, do you know if UTSC allows summer school marks to boost pre-requisite courses?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AhIsee AhIsee

@hyrussk71 wrote
Ahslee, do you know if UTSC allows summer school marks to boost pre-requisite courses?

I myself am enrolled into UofTM for life sciences, after my final exams last week, I went to my guidance counselor and we talked it out. I could've taken Biology from july 1st to 15th (don't remember exact dates) and Chemistry from july 15th to 28th or 29th (don't remember exact dates) in order to boost my averages in those courses. My guidance even called to ask them what they meant for acceptable grades in individual prerequisite courses and they stated 70+ was around the bare minimal.

As for you, your enrolled into a different campus + different program (?) which has slightly different admission policies I believe, but most, if not all universities wait until late July so students re-taking courses during the summer can still make the "cut" in a sense. If I were you, call UTSC and ask around or go to school and talk to your guidance counselor, my best advice to you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hyrussk71 hyrussk71
Ahlsee, thanks very much for your help. A little bit more of my burden was lifted from reading that. :)
I'm (most likely) going to UTSC for Management next year. :] Maybe I could run into you while exploring other campuses!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AhIsee AhIsee

@hyrussk71 wrote
Ahlsee, thanks very much for your help. A little bit more of my burden was lifted from reading that. :)
I'm (most likely) going to UTSC for Management next year. :] Maybe I could run into you while exploring other campuses!

Haha, maybe, glad I could help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0