yconic - UTSG - LIFE SCIENCE- courses?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTSG - LIFE SCIENCE- courses?

A photo of MariamGuled MariamGuled
Hey guys,

so i accepted my offer into the u of t life science program, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what courses i should be taking ( i want to goto med school or go into optometry). Any easier electives I could take to boost my gpa?
and how do I pick courses? i.e whats the difference between F,Y,S courses? :s
how diffeicult is it to get one on one help from professors, and TA's.
Are there upper year students first years could goto?
I really want to succeed and advice from second year+ students would be a lot of help.

any help will be appreciated!!
and please don't tell me i'm making a mistake by going there because of how hard it is. I'm will to put in time and effort.

thanks in advance:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@MariamGuled wrote
Hey guys,

so i accepted my offer into the u of t life science program, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what courses i should be taking ( i want to goto med school or go into optometry). Any easier electives I could take to boost my gpa?
and how do I pick courses? i.e whats the difference between F,Y,S courses? :s
how diffeicult is it to get one on one help from professors, and TA's.
Are there upper year students first years could goto?
I really want to succeed and advice from second year+ students would be a lot of help.

any help will be appreciated!!
and please don't tell me i'm making a mistake by going there because of how hard it is. I'm will to put in time and effort.

thanks in advance:cheers:

1. Take any Life Sciences program and you'll be taking the general prerequisites recommended for medical school (biology, chemistry, physics, math).
2. Easy electives I know of: PSY100 (lots of reading, but easy to do well in); JMB170 (pretty easy to do well in); HPS100 (easy to do well in provided you can write good essays).
3. You pick courses on ROSI. I'm not going to go into the details: attend a course-selection workshop. F means it's a Fall course, Y means it's a year-long course, and S means it's a Spring course.
4. It's not difficult. They have set office hours and if you can't meet them at those times you can email them.
5. I don't know of any specific place dedicated to just that, but if you join a students' union in your field or help in a lab you'll easily meet one (that's how I did it).

You didn't make a mistake going here, by the way. It's a great school, but you do need to work very hard.
Was this helpful? Yes 0