yconic - UTSG LIFE SCI AND UTSC BIO. SCI ACCEPTANCES??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTSG LIFE SCI AND UTSC BIO. SCI ACCEPTANCES??

A photo of torres000 torres000
On the homepage of UofT it said that I was accepted to UTSC biological sciences. But since I applied for that program AND UTSG LIFE SCIENCES (which is the more desirable one) I don't know if my application was deferred to UTSC by UTSG.

So I have some questions.

1. Does chemistry have to be included in the admission average for UTSG Life sciences? (I chose nutritional sciences for the 'area of interest'.) If yes, my average is 83.166666... If not, then my average is 84.0

2. What is the recommended (or required) mark that calculus has to be above? I've heard that it's 70, 75, and 80 from different people. I have a 73 for calculus @ sem. 2 midterms so does that jeopardize my offer?

3. Would UTSG still be sending out offers? Or is the UTSC offer that I got a result of transference of my application from UTSG to UTSC?

Any reply would be much appreciated. :3
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of MariamGuled MariamGuled
As far as I know UTSG and UTSC treat their applications separately. I applied to both UTM and UTSG and got an offer from UTM in march, but only heard from UTSG today.
As for admission requirements the website says:

Ontario Secondary School Diploma with six Grade 12 U/M subjects including ENG4U
MCV4U is required.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poeticallydemented poeticallydemented

@torres000 wrote
On the homepage of UofT it said that I was accepted to UTSC biological sciences. But since I applied for that program AND UTSG LIFE SCIENCES (which is the more desirable one) I don't know if my application was deferred to UTSC by UTSG.

1. Does chemistry have to be included in the admission average for UTSG Life sciences? (I chose nutritional sciences for the 'area of interest'.) If yes, my average is 83.166666... If not, then my average is 84.0

2. What is the recommended (or required) mark that calculus has to be above? I've heard that it's 70, 75, and 80 from different people. I have a 73 for calculus @ sem. 2 midterms so does that jeopardize my offer?

3. Would UTSG still be sending out offers? Or is the UTSC offer that I got a result of transference of my application from UTSG to UTSC?

Did you apply to UTSC? If you didn't, your application was deferred. If you applied to both and haven't heard from UTSG, they haven't made a decision about your application.

You need to include two from Bio, Chem and Physics. So, if you're only taking one other science in addition to Chem, then yes it needs to be included. If you're taking all three, then your best two will be counted, as well as Calculus, Advanced Functions and English.

UTSG doesn't like to see under 75 in any subjects but if they're not prereqs aren't picky.

The last round of offers from UTSG will go out next week according to their admissions office. (one of my friends phoned them on tuesday because she hasn't gotten in yet.)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SpringChild SpringChild

@poeticallydemented wrote

@torres000 wrote

Did you apply to UTSC? If you didn't, your application was deferred. If you applied to both and haven't heard from UTSG, they haven't made a decision about your application.

You need to include two from Bio, Chem and Physics. So, if you're only taking one other science in addition to Chem, then yes it needs to be included. If you're taking all three, then your best two will be counted, as well as Calculus, Advanced Functions and English.

UTSG doesn't like to see under 75 in any subjects but if they're not prereqs aren't picky.

The last round of offers from UTSG will go out next week according to their admissions office. (one of my friends phoned them on tuesday because she hasn't gotten in yet.)

so you can't get in if you have a 70 even if your overall average is 80+?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of torres000 torres000

@poeticallydemented wrote

@torres000 wrote

since 73 is not that far from 75.. would they look at my grade 11 functions mark to make a decision? (BTW my g11 functions mark was 95)
Was this helpful? Yes 0