yconic - UTSG Vic One vs UTSC Co-op
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTSG Vic One vs UTSC Co-op

A photo of twinkleinthesky twinkleinthesky
Hey everyone! I'm having trouble choosing between U of T St. George Life Sci with Vic One in the Stowe-Gullen stream or U of T Scarborough for Neuroscience Co-op.

Apparently the neurosci co-op program at UTSC is super competitive because they only offer around 30-40 spots and they have a really good psych department. But I would still be taking my classes with many of the other students so it's not like the class sizes will be tiny.
At UTSG, I just got offered a spot in Vic One Stowe-Gullen which is their only lifesci oriented program which is super exciting :') These workshops are only 25 students, so the classes will for sure be intimate. I'm also really attracted to University College and their residences which is where I'd be staying.

I really like the co-op option at UTSC but I also really like the idea of Vic One and I want to have a rez life (I would still be on rez at UTSC but they only have townhouses so it doesn't seem as exciting as being in a building with a bunch of other people).
Which one do you think is better? In terms of difficulty, experience, student life. I'd like to go somewhere where I can get the most out of my education and also not kill my gpa so I can go to grad school or med school.

I was considering going to UTSG first year so I can get that first year rez experience and experience Vic One, and then transferring to UTSC second year so that I can do Co-op. Has anyone done this or does this sound very difficult to do?
I hear rule of thumb is a 10% drop from your high school average (and the transfer school will look at your high school and first year grades). I have a 94% average now so I may drop to 84%. Does it sound like it would be difficult for me to switch to UTSC for my second year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies