yconic - UTSG/Rotman/Laurier
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTSG/Rotman/Laurier

A photo of A23C A23C
Which would be best for accounting?

Placements/ Reputation/ Education, etc ,etc

+ Whats the difference between Management/Commerce (Where does accounting go under)?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Laurier
Rotman
UTSG
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of A23C A23C
Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jdot111 Jdot111

@A23C wrote
Which would be best for accounting?

Placements/ Reputation/ Education, etc ,etc

+ Whats the difference between Management/Commerce (Where does accounting go under)?

Thanks

If you want a accounting job in the GTA or abroad: UofT. If you want a accounting job in KW region: Waterloo or Laurier. UofT reputation is known around the world as a top university ranked with Harvard, Yale, Chicago, Hong Kong, etc. and education wise most of our professors are known globally for their research and teachings style (well in economics department at least).

do your research on which accounting goes under. it shouldnt be too hard to figure out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of A23C A23C
So with Laurier, I have a less chance of recruitment in Toronto? :S Or big 4?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@A23C wrote
So with Laurier, I have a less chance of recruitment in Toronto? :S Or big 4?

You can get into the Big 4 from anywhere. The name of the degree doesn't matter that much.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jdot111 Jdot111
undergrad doesnt matter that much correct. however i went to a CA conference thing in gr 12 and spoke with few CAs who recruit. they told me they go for students from that region 9/10 times. but KPMG, Deloitte are in KW. you shouldnt have a problem with either of the schools you mention. maybe im just biased to my school more...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
2009 UFE Honour Roll by school:

8 - Wilfrid Laurier
6 - UBC
4 - Waterloo
3 - Western Ontario, Simon Fraser, Quebec
2 - York
1 - Queen's, Ottawa, Nipissing, Toronto, Victoria, Saskatchewan - MPAcc, UBC-Okanagan, Sherbrooke, Concordia, Memorial
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Jdot111 wrote
undergrad doesnt matter that much correct. however i went to a CA conference thing in gr 12 and spoke with few CAs who recruit. they told me they go for students from that region 9/10 times. but KPMG, Deloitte are in KW. you shouldnt have a problem with either of the schools you mention. maybe im just biased to my school more...

There may be an easier opportunity to find jobs in Toronto after undergrad. But once everyone has worked for a number of years, they don't really care what your degree is and where you got it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of analyst analyst

@g93 wrote

8 - Wilfrid Laurier
6 - UBC
4 - Waterloo
2 - York
1 - Queen's, Ottawa, Nipissing, Toronto, Victoria, Saskatchewan - MPAcc, UBC-Okanagan, Sherbrooke, Concordia, Memorial

What happened to McGill? Are they not good for accounting?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@analyst wrote

@g93 wrote

8 - Wilfrid Laurier
6 - UBC
4 - Waterloo
2 - York

What happened to McGill? Are they not good for accounting?

They aren't really an accounting school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0