yconic - UVic !
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UVic !

A photo of Cloud Cloud
Hey,

Just checking to see how many people are from UVic, and how many are considering coming to this university!

Enjoy~!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
24 replies

A photo of firmament104 firmament104
Accepted and super excited. I've heard great things about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cloud Cloud
Indeed, it's quite fun here, and pretty awesome living on campus too!
It's my first year, and I just love it.
It is a small university compared to others, which makes it easy to walk from one side to the other in just <10 minutes.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! =3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm sure I will! The campus is really beautiful and I'm looking forward to the independence. UVic is climbing the ladder in rankings. It's nice to see that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
I've been accepted but probably not going as I live in Victoria:)
Any questions about the city I will happily answer though!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I live pretty close so I know a bit about the city. Looking for a place to live though. What's a good area? I was looking at Gordon Head.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jesseyeahh Jesseyeahh
I applied yesterday for humanities (undecided) and geography. What kind of marks do you guys have?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@firmament104 wrote
I live pretty close so I know a bit about the city. Looking for a place to live though. What's a good area? I was looking at Gordon Head.

Gordon Head is great, it's not the cheapest place to live but it's on the water and a nice place to live.

@Jesseyeahh I have an 88ish average in IB
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of louisamcg louisamcg
I'm hopefully transfering there next year. I have a couple friends going there and I visited them and fell in love with the school. Plus Victoria is such a cool place.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Justin604 Justin604
UVic sounds like a nice place for post-sec, do anyone of you know somebody or is in the kinesiology program?
How is it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lwolff lwolff
The bunnies are the best part of UVic haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AM AM
Yeah I applied to UVic's Kinesiology program!
I love Victoria, very nice city :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of manna manna
I applied, hope I get accepted! I hate snow >.<
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lwolff wrote
The bunnies are the best part of UVic haha.

Not for long. March 1 they're starting the culling.

Victoria is a beautiful city. Too bad housing is so expensive. So excited for UVic though. Almost done the year and then off I go!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Justin604 Justin604

@AM wrote
Yeah I applied to UVic's Kinesiology program!
I love Victoria, very nice city :)

Hey AM, are you in the twelth grade? Or are you a first year UVIC student? Cause you can't apply to the kinesiology program straight from high school right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Alright... I need some help. I've been second guessing my decision to go to UVic.
Here's the problem: VIU. (Vancouver Island University)
It's close enough where I could stay at home and save a bunch of money. The only thing is that I'd have to buy a car/gas/insurance.
At UVic, I'd have to pay for housing, food and soap and internet and such.
Does it really make a huge difference where I do my first year?
The only thing I'm scared of is that UVic, I've heard, doesn't accept some VIU courses for transfer. I REALLY want to go to UVic. But am I making a stupid decision in going there?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Internet is part of residence at UVic. I think you might need to have an ethernet cable, though. Secondly, I don't even know if VIU is accredited - I'd stick with UVic.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Sorry, I meant for living off of rez. I've been looking at the transfer credits and UVic doesn't seem to like VIU courses. VIU is accredited, but it just became a university. It was Malaspina College before. hmm...
Thank you for your help. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MB93 MB93
I've visited the university and it is BEAUTIFUL :). Yes I am considering maybe transferring there in my third or fourth year. I did not apply this year because I want to stay close to home for my first year, and I live in Ontario.

I'm not sure what I would take if I went there but Oceanography seems like a pretty obvious choice. I love that branch of science and UVic is supposed to be good for it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MB93 MB93

@manna wrote
I applied, hope I get accepted! I hate snow >.<

Ironically the snow is probably the biggest thing I'm going to miss if I go there! Does anyone know how long a drive it is from the campus to the nearest ski hill/ski resort? I would like to be able to continue with my winter extracirriculars even in university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

There's Mount Washington, which is pretty central on Vancouver Island. I'm not sure where exactly, but I wouldn't imagine it being more than a couple of hours from Victoria.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zapman111 zapman111
party school
Was this helpful? Yes 1

@Jesseyeahh wrote
There's Mount Washington, which is pretty central on Vancouver Island. I'm not sure where exactly, but I wouldn't imagine it being more than a couple of hours from Victoria.

Depending on the traffic it's like 3.5 hours? But there's a great ski bus that leaves from UVic pretty much everyday during the winter season.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Bunnies NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Was this helpful? Yes 0