yconic - Uvic Bcom
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Uvic Bcom

A photo of kingat4 kingat4
Hi,

I am new to this forum and would like some information from any one who has applied or is in the uvic commerce program. Basically I would like to see how other people formated their part 2 of their applications ( written part). I am not sure how exactly I should do it and if you can give me any tips that would be awesome. Also for people who did apply for next year or people who got in a year ago or so what was your gpa like at uvic? Is it really hard to get in?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of JSmith JSmith
I to am wondering of how competitive UVIC business is, I have about an 87-88 average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
From what I know, UVic isn't really competitive, but I'm not too sure about business in specific.
They give out a LOT of early acceptances if you have something like a.. 86% average in your final term/semester of your grade 11 year.
So I'm guessing the admission average for your grade 12 year would be in the low to mid-80's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of forthewinwin forthewinwin
It's not competitive at all.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of UVicBComAdmission UVicBComAdmission
BCom at UVic - Gustavson School of Business. About 1 in 3 applicants receive an offer of admission to the Gustavson School. High school applicants need an 80% average to be considered. All applicants must submit a supplemental application (Resume, experiences etc). This document is weighted at 40% of our decision. 60% of our decision is on your grades. I offer seminars (webinars) online and in person if you would like some informaiton about the program and the supplemental application. As we are a 2+2 style program, if you are not admitted on first application, you are welcome to apply again - in your first 2 years you will be taking all electives. Year 3 and 4 are exclusive commerce courses and must be taken within our school. Please contact me or check out the website if you want more info...
Was this helpful? Yes 0