yconic - UW AFM Average to Maintain?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UW AFM Average to Maintain?

A photo of KGulati23 KGulati23
Can any current afm students tell me what the average to maintain is once admitted to the program? Also does it differ between FM and PA students? I'm asking to see whether or not I can relax a bit now with studies.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of AdJan AdJan
I think it was 80%.

caveman should be here in due time to give an exact answer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@AdJan wrote
I think it was 80%.

caveman should be here in due time to give an exact answer.

Ha ha, yes it was 80 last year. It is the same for both co-op options. I wouldn't expect a change.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SkylarNoeL SkylarNoeL
If you check the website, it's actually 83%. When I got my Math/FARM brochure, it also had a table that listed minimum average requirements of all programs, and for AFM, finals top 6 must be 83%

But if you drop to 82% I'm sure you could appeal or something... just try not to :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AdJan AdJan

@SkylarNoeL wrote
If you check the website, it's actually 83%. When I got my Math/FARM brochure, it also had a table that listed minimum average requirements of all programs, and for AFM, finals top 6 must be 83%

But if you drop to 82% I'm sure you could appeal or something... just try not to :)

Are you talking about the admission average to be considered, or rather the conditional average you must keep to not have your offer revoked.

OP was referring to the latter of the two.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SkylarNoeL SkylarNoeL
I was referring to the latter of the two as well.

http://www.findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/thenextstep/admitted/conditions.php

The information is here. I was correct when I recalled 83%. Upgrading over summer is not permissible.

Question answered :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KGulati23 KGulati23
Thanks a lot for the information. And best of luck to you all, the wait will be over soon!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mattk17 mattk17
What is this fellowship? When does the acceptance come out?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@mattk17 wrote
What is this fellowship? When does the acceptance come out?

There's a thread hovering around the first page that answers both of these questions. I don't want to have to repeat here, so I suggest you take a peek there!
Was this helpful? Yes 0