yconic - UW Computer Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UW Computer Science

A photo of peterv peterv
Hi everyone!

I'm applying for UW computer science. Is there a big difference in terms of admissions average for UW Computer Science Coop vs non-coop?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Actually, I'm sorry, I guess I didn't read that thoroughly enough the first time, and I'm unsure of how to delete my reply.
On your question, UW as in University of Waterloo? I thought that you had to have co-op, so there wouldn't be any difference because there isn't a no c-op option....
If you don't, I know for most engineering programs, or any really, co-op tends to have a bit higher grade admission minimum.
Hope this helps!
Alicia
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I thought that they took your first year undergrad marks and you have to keep a minimum of like an 85% (in university) to still be accepted for the co-op option. otherwise you have to complete like a form to request for co-op. I heard that for someone i know who is in his first year in UofOttawa. But i don't know how UofW does it. Maybe similar?
Was this helpful? Yes 0