yconic - UW Mechatronics [ International student ]
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UW Mechatronics [ International student ]

A photo of fact713 fact713
Hello everyone!
So I'm an international student applying for Mechatronics Engineering at UW and would appreciate if you guys shed some light on a couple of things.

Are international and domestic applications processed separately?

Do they use any kind of a correlation scale for transcripts?(not IB, not A-level)

Note:
Feel free to share your thoughts on UW Mechatronics + international students (applicants) stuff as well :cyclops:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of StellaSparx StellaSparx
I believe domestic and intl students are processed separately.

I know that Mechatronics is uber hard for domestic applicants to get into so I would assume it would be very competitive for intl students. Nonetheless, they allocate spaces for intl students. Hope you get in, best of luck :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
I'm not an expert on the program. The UW Mechatronics program is fairly new at the university, and as Stella said, fairly competitive. It seems to be a bit of a combination of Mechanical, ECE and SE/CS, and of course, the co-op program gives the whole degree a nice touch.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fact713 fact713

@StellaSparx wrote
I believe domestic and intl students are processed separately.

I know that Mechatronics is uber hard for domestic applicants to get into so I would assume it would be very competitive for intl students.

So there have to be quotas for int'l students, right?

I know lots of people saying Tron is highly competitive (moreover, the website says "individual selection from high-80s", nanotech only has the same I guess), but I have been reading this forum for ~2 months and only seen 5-10 people applying for Mechatronics ( not a reliable indicator though ).
I have the impression that CS, SE and ECE attract way more applicants :study: (please, correct me if I get it wrong)

@ninetyfour wrote
The UW Mechatronics program is fairly new at the university, and as Stella said, fairly competitive. It seems to be a bit of a combination of Mechanical, ECE and SE/CS, and of course, the co-op program gives the whole degree a nice touch.

That's why it's my first choice
(mechanics*electricity)^(software) :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0