yconic - UW: V1
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UW: V1

A photo of AdJan AdJan
So, I'm hopefully going to Waterloo in September and I want to know you guys' opinions about Village 1 residence.

I visited it during the open house and I really liked the lounge, caf, interconnecting rooms and general feel of the residence. I also liked the campus too.

But on the forums I see many people aren't in favour of V1 nor UW at all, because of its academic feel (less parties).
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of krankd krankd
Hey I was looking at V1, I was just wondering what the difference between an interconnecting room and a single room aside from the fact that there's a door between them. On the website the rooms look the exact same. Is there a difference?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango

@krankd wrote
Hey I was looking at V1, I was just wondering what the difference between an interconnecting room and a single room aside from the fact that there's a door between them. On the website the rooms look the exact same. Is there a difference?

he difference is that the interconnecting room is slightly smaller.

I lol@ people who think UW = lack of social life. There is a ton of it. v1 is your generic traditional dorm style residence, you will definitely meet a lot of people if you plan on living there. And there are events going on all the time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango

@krankd wrote

he difference is that the interconnecting room is slightly smaller.

I lol@ people who think UW = lack of social life. There is a ton of it. v1 is your generic traditional dorm style residence, you will definitely meet a lot of people if you plan on living there. And there are events going on all the time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
I've visited/stayed at VI a couple of times. It's not bad, the singles are a decent size and the communal bathrooms are pretty clean (at least the girl's one). I hated the caf food there though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose

@AdJan wrote
So, I'm hopefully going to Waterloo in September and I want to know you guys' opinions about Village 1 residence.

I visited it during the open house and I really liked the lounge, caf, interconnecting rooms and general feel of the residence. I also liked the campus too.

But on the forums I see many people aren't in favour of V1 nor UW at all, because of its academic feel (less parties).

V1 has plenty of parties. That was one of the things I wasn't crazy about when I was living there.

The cafeteria is the only thing you'll probably hear justified complaints about. It's otherwise a very nice residence. I quite enjoyed living there, for the four months that I did!
Was this helpful? Yes 0