yconic - UWO - Saugeen rez?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO - Saugeen rez?

A photo of frowningcat frowningcat
Hey guys, so I've been wondering a lot about the Saugeen residence at the University of Western Ontario. I've been reading a lot about it, and basically found that it's reputation as "party central" are somewhat exaggerated. I also heard that because there are so many people in the building, the food quality is much higher than the other residences.

Can anyone tell me from experience what some of the major drawbacks to Saugeen are? I don't plan on partying every night, but I do want to occasionally...should I not select a quiet floor because of this? Really, any info you can give about your experience at Saugeen would help a lot...I feel almost guilty wanting it as my top choice after seeing so many people cry after learning they got put into it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of frowningcat frowningcat
P.s. I've also heard the rooms in Saugeen are very small compared to other residences...is that true?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of qszwdxefc qszwdxefc
Hey! I'm a residence tour guide this year and I've been around the residences. I can tell you that regardless of which rez you get put in, you'll end up loving it. Sure some people say that Saugeen is really trashy since the halls are always dirty, but I live in Elgin and I can tell you that many people's suites aren't any cleaner. Elgin is a great place, but sometimes I wish I was in Saugeen too!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Serendipity Serendipity
Saugeen stripper ;)

Google it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17
I lived in Saugeen this year and LOVED it - it was my fourth choice, (after all the other traditional residences and before the suites), and originally I was depressed that I was in "the worst residence", but I was sadly mistaken. Saugeen is amazing too - we're a 1250-person family, and you just can't understand Saugeen unless you've lived there!

Also, I lived on a quiet floor - my floor was not antisocial at all! In fact, five of us are sophs next year (that's a lot, just trust me on that one), and we consistently got noise complaints from the floor just below us. By the same token, I was on a Varsity sports team this year and had to wake up at 5:20 for practices, so I really appreciated being able to come home to a respectful floor. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yaroslav64 Yaroslav64

@Serendipity wrote
Saugeen stripper ;)

Google it.

It's settled Saugeen wins. The ZOOOOOOOOOO.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@Yaroslav64 wrote

@Serendipity wrote
Saugeen stripper ;)

Google it.

LOOOOOL.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@Yaroslav64 wrote

@Serendipity wrote
Saugeen stripper ;)

Google it.

LOOOOOL.

Ahaha for the most part, geeners are embarassed by the Saugeen Stripper, but everyone claims to have a friend of a friend of a friend who knew her. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0