yconic - UWO Bio-med - any early acceptances ?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO Bio-med - any early acceptances ?

A photo of Meridian Meridian
Hi folks, along with alot of you I am waiting on hearing back on Bio/Health science acceptances from MAC/UWO/McGill/Queens.

Has anyone received an early acceptance from Western Bio-med ? I do see one sig that mentions acceptance. Has anyone applying from Ontario grade 12 (OUAC) received their offer ? If so, what did it say ? Was it based on grade 11 marks alone or did you have a unique situation ?

Thanks

Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of cookie25 cookie25
Hi there :) I have been accepted on January 29th to Bio-Med based and I did apply through OUAC since I am from Ontario. My acceptance was based on my grade 11 marks as my first semester marks or midterms were not uploaded until February 10th :) The conditions for my offer were that I must obtain an 82% average which includes my prerequisites and succesful completion of OSSD :) The first place I found that I was accepted was through the Western Student Centre so check that frequently :) If u have any questions feel free to ask :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Meridian Meridian
Thanks Cookie. As all they have is the grade 11 marks and courses to go by, maybe that is the cut off point for early admissions. I had a 95% grade 11 average. It was enough for MAC Life Science but not for Western Bio-Med.

Anyone else ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tiwa007 tiwa007
Hey there,

I also got early acceptance, along with a friend of mine as well. I think it was based on gr 11 marks which was around low 90s for both of us. I am surprised that you haven't received EA... Have you checked? because they sent me this email saying I had a new letter on the western account, and I didn't check for weeks because I thought it was simply one of those spammy "western is awesome" type letters. Perhaps there is inclinations towards certain schools? I have no idea =P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stratton Stratton
Hey Meridian,

I have recieved early acceptance by UWO for biomed on Jan. 28, and yeah I'm from London, Ontario so I used OUAC. I came back for a 5th year and so they used my Gr. 12 marks too from last year and with Gr. 12 I only had a 85.something% average. I was surprised I got in from those marks considering the average admission average was 88% last year. But yeah this year I had a 97.3% average but they accepted me before I finished the semester so it was strictly off last year's and my Gr. 11 marks. I don't know why you're not in yet Meridian, have you checked your OUAC account? If you keep your Gr. 12 marks the same as your Gr. 11 marks were, you'll get in easy. Hope that helps, good luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of estatia estatia
Hey, I got my acceptance a few weeks ago (I'm assuming around end of January). Many of my friends also got into the same program on the same day. I'm also from London, Ontario. They must have considered my grade 11 marks because first semester marks were not posted yet when they made the decision. My grade 11 average was around 96%, that's probably what got me in. Don't stress about it, I heard that the next round of acceptance is around March/April. As long as you meet the cutoff, you'll get in for sure! Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Meridian, are you out of Ontario? Maybe that's why you haven't been accepted yet.
If you are from Ontario, i honestly have no idea why you wouldn't get in seeing as I had a 91-ish in gr 11 and I got in before they even saw my first sem of gr 12
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of al1993 al1993

@Nyx wrote
Meridian, are you out of Ontario? Maybe that's why you haven't been accepted yet.
If you are from Ontario, i honestly have no idea why you wouldn't get in seeing as I had a 91-ish in gr 11 and I got in before they even saw my first sem of gr 12

I didn't get accepted yet(I'm from Ontario). My grade 11 average was 90 with the 78 in English pulling it down.
Was this helpful? Yes 0