yconic - UWO BioMed
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO BioMed

A photo of alraynard623 alraynard623
Has anyone received an acceptance from Western's BioMed program yet? I'm just overly nervous and keep checking OUAC every day and haven't got accepted yet. Let me know :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
31 replies

A photo of amandeepsaharan amandeepsaharan
It's a really competitive program, I don't think western will give out admissions just yet. Western is usually gives out admissions near march break. Hang-on there!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
My friend got accepted but she has a 96-98% average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DntMessWitRohan DntMessWitRohan

@vhsu wrote
My friend got accepted but she has a 96-98% average.

o___O'

I'm still waiting...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoctorGaga DoctorGaga
its kindaaa earlyy for acceptancess rightt noww no? ia gree theyre most likelyy going to give them out near early march cause i have freinds who applied and received theyre acceptances last year around that time
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Is it just because this program is competitive that the offers probably won't come out until March? Because I thought Western gave out offers starting in January?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DntMessWitRohan DntMessWitRohan

@DoctorGaga wrote
its kindaaa earlyy for acceptancess rightt noww no? ia gree theyre most likelyy going to give them out near early march cause i have freinds who applied and received theyre acceptances last year around that time

It really depends on the university & program from what I've seen around here and from friends.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mmoham95 mmoham95
I'm still waiting...grade 11 average was 91%. My grade twelve average is currently in the mid to high 80's because of advanced functions. But by next semester i hope to have an average of 93
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mmoham95 wrote
I'm still waiting...grade 11 average was 91%. My grade twelve average is currently in the mid to high 80's because of advanced functions. But by next semester i hope to have an average of 93

in that case, i think you have a very..VERY high chance of getting in so i wouldnt worry about it at all! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yay admitted :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nAttiKinz nAttiKinz

@mikemike wrote

Congratulations! :D

Checked my email, nothing there :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@nAttiKinz wrote

@mikemike wrote

Congratulations! :D

Checked my email, nothing there :(

It's on the Western Student Center :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Nevermind, checked my student centre thingy and I got accepted as well :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@nAttiKinz wrote

'gratz!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mikemike wrote

@nAttiKinz wrote

'gratz!

Thank you! :D

So everyone check your student centre first! I had a mini freakout when I found my inbox was empty and OUAC was still blank :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ohmigosh me too! i got kinda sad when i heard people were already getting acceptances and my inbox was empty as well! but the i checked my student center and that check mark just made me day! thanks guys!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lifeguard Lifeguard
That's so exciting! So check the student center before OUAC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cascholarships32 cascholarships32
Huh, still no acceptance yet...even with a 93 average and a wide variety of extracurricular activites+shad valley.

Gonna wait till tomorrow I guess.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got accepted, too! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Lifeguard wrote

Check the student centre first. I'm pretty sure today was the first day they sent out acceptances for this program, but OUAC doesn't update until tomorrow morning. It'll be on OUAC tomorrow if it says you're accepted in the student centre.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Victorinox Victorinox

@alraynard623 wrote

@Lifeguard wrote

Check the student centre first. I'm pretty sure today was the first day they sent out acceptances for this program, but OUAC doesn't update until tomorrow morning. It'll be on OUAC tomorrow if it says you're accepted in the student centre.

I don't think today was the first day. Some guy in my school got accepted around January 10th I believe.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Victorinox wrote

@alraynard623 wrote

@Lifeguard wrote

I don't think today was the first day. Some guy in my school got accepted around January 10th I believe.

oh, well whenever it was.. check the student centre first
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What's everybody's averages!?!

I really want to get into this program as well :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@vhsu wrote
What's everybody's averages!?!

I really want to get into this program as well :(

i got in with a grade 12 average of 91
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mmoham95 mmoham95
Still waiting...all my friends already got accepted. I think it bcuz of my functions mark 72. my gr 11 avg was 91though and i have 92 in both calc and english. Im freaking out bcuz i dont think ill get in and im so stressed. I check my student center all the time and nothing. What date did everyone get accepted?
Was this helpful? Yes 0