yconic - UWO Bio/Med Acceptances
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO Bio/Med Acceptances

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Anyone have any idea when the next round of Bio/Med acceptances at Western are gonna be? I was expecting today but so far only arts people I know have gotten acceptances today. This is their first round of acceptances since the grade 12 marks were inputted (to my knowledge) so I'm getting pretty antsy. It's my first choice and I have yet to hear back.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of DoctorGaga DoctorGaga
No idea...but i know most of my friends from last year got accepted early May to Western for both Health Sciences AND Biomed and they had pretty high averages ranging from 89-91...so i wouldnt worry too much!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Magnitude Magnitude
Got mine today!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@magnitude

If you don't mind my asking, what was your top 6 average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Magnitude Magnitude
@chelsealaurensinclair Hey, I don't mind, I had around a 91.2% average for Western :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

omg we literally have the exact same top 6 average... mine is 91.2% for western as well. whaaaat....
:( grrrr i hate waiting this is the worst :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of teeching teeching
got it yesterday!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of comebackkid comebackkid

@teeching wrote
got it yesterday!

Hmm, I withdrew Western from my applications because it is too expensive for my family, and ever since I got Mac I forgot why I even applied to Western... what do you guys plan on taking/majoring in at Western? :)

I think I wanted to do just the basic Medical Science major, because I would not have been able to pick just one from that huge list.

PS: Can anyone confirm if Western's Bio/Med entrance average was in the 90's a few years ago? If so, why did they lower it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Provided I EVER get accepted, I plan to major in Anatomy and Cell Biology (not just because it doesn't require biophysics, taught by the supposedly evil Professor Zinke :P) and hopefully move on to dental school.

I don't think the entrance average was ever in the 90's. From what I've heard, this year's average was the highest it's been in a while (somewhere between 87% and 88%) and I know the cutoff (the lowest average of all the people accepted) was 85.5%. I haven't heard anything about lowering the requirements, only raising it these past few years because it has gained popularity (it is a fairly new program).

Mind you, I could be completely wrong about all that, it's just what I've heard.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of teeching teeching

@comebackkid wrote

@teeching wrote
got it yesterday!

Hmm, I withdrew Western from my applications because it is too expensive for my family, and ever since I got Mac I forgot why I even applied to Western... what do you guys plan on taking/majoring in at Western? :)

I think I wanted to do just the basic Medical Science major, because I would not have been able to pick just one from that huge list.

PS: Can anyone confirm if Western's Bio/Med entrance average was in the 90's a few years ago? If so, why did they lower it?

i checked the book last year and it was just a low 80 to get into the program
and this year it is mid - 80s
so it was actually lower last year
Was this helpful? Yes 0