yconic - UWO BIOMED HELP!?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO BIOMED HELP!?

A photo of Lilyanne Lilyanne
Hey guys,

Just wondering, does anyone know what the cutoff for biomed this year is? I know that there is some sort of site that shows admission percentage based on marks...but I cant seem to find that anywhere...

Oh and does anyone know if western drops people from biomed to just normal bio if they dont make cutoff?

Thank you!! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17
I don't know about the admissions cutoff, but as for whether UWO gives alternate offers to the BSc program, I'm pretty sure they don't. Just seeing as all science students are technically in the BSc program first year, and have to apply to the BMSc program going into second. You're not actually in biomed until second year, assuming you get in, no matter what your OUAC tells you. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lilyanne Lilyanne
Ok Thank you! :)

Did you get accepted yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mgatie mgatie
I' don't think my average this year will get me into second year but will i be given the chance second year to apply again for Honors Specialization in Physiology? I'm worried :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emotycka emotycka
As long as you have taken the required courses you can switch into any degree in upper years. Just change it on your intent to register...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@emotycka wrote
As long as you have taken the required courses you can switch into any degree in upper years. Just change it on your intent to register...

uh, honors specializations have limited enrollments - and the medical sciences are competitive.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mgatie mgatie
Okay listen if all my marks were above 70 (except for bio 1002B i think i got 67%) will I still be able to take the same courses as the biomed students second year and hope to get in third year for honors program? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Scarekrow Scarekrow

@mgatie wrote
Okay listen if all my marks were above 70 (except for bio 1002B i think i got 67%) will I still be able to take the same courses as the biomed students second year and hope to get in third year for honors program? :)

Yes. 3rd year entry is still a competitive program, meaning that if you better than the current BMSc students, you can take their spots in the 3rd year. Of course if you have a 78% in the 3.0 principal courses, you'll be guaranteed a place in the basic Med. Sci module.
Was this helpful? Yes 0