yconic - UWO Class of 2016
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO Class of 2016

A photo of mccannca466 mccannca466
Hi guys! I got accepted on Feb. 28 for NURSING at Western, and I almost fainted I was so happy! I'm really excited to start nursing, I don't think I've ever been so confident in wanting something in my life! I just wanted to get the ball rolling on meetig my future classmates! What are you taking? I really want to hear from all of you, how your marks are, and I'm trying to figure out what res to live in?

Or should I live off campus with some friends already going?

Ciao!
Future Nurse in Hamilton
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

Really? No one coming for sure yet?! WHERE'S THAT PURPLE PRIDE I'M ALWAYS HEARING ABOUT?

Also join the Facebook group!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-University-of-Western-Ontario-Class-of-2016-page/131749506902335
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of random random
I will be going into biomed! Not sure what I want to do after my degree, but I know that it would be what I love to study. I saw many other people who also want to go to Western. No one replied probably because there are so many threads.

Good luck with nursing! I volunteer at a hospital and most of the nurses I've met are so sweet and awesome. They're all bffs and it makes the hospital, which seems gloomy, a nice place to work at.

I think I will put Perth as my first choice. It looks better aesthetically than the other traditional styles, the only downside is that it's far from where classes are and I heard that people tend to be a bit less social, but that doesn't bug me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Good for you random! I know that there are 2 biomed programs at Western (I think or I get it mixed up). Regardless, both are excellent programs!

I know, nurses can be so awesome, they've really been role models for me my whole life. I'm so excited to start! September can't come fast enough!

I looked at Perth myself, but I can't afford it. But I have 1 friend there and she really enjoys it there! She did have a problem connecting with her roomie at first cuz she was in 2nd year, but she got along really well with her floor cuz most people kept their doors open and people just walked into each other's rooms like in the traditional, but with more room.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of infinityontherun infinityontherun
I will be going in for Health Sci! Unbelievably excited for September. I seriously considered med school for the future (lol so typical of an Asian like me), but now I am 80% sure that I want to further my career in areas like global health, health promotion, medical advertising/business etc. I most definitely want to stay in health care, just exploring other options. :)

As for rez, I'm going with traditional and looking into Med-Syd for top choice! I like it a lot, though it's a bit far from HSB and most of the campus facilities. I'll deal with climbing the hill...always opportunities for mini work-outs ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IgorMcBeaver IgorMcBeaver
Hey, I'm most likely coming to Western for BMOS and then Richard Ivey for MBA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0