yconic - UWO Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO Engineering

A photo of danielwatt danielwatt
Hey guys!

Just out of curiosity, would anyone have any idea of when UWO starts spitting out their first round of acceptances for Engineering?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
I just spoke with admissions at UWO and he said that first round for engineering is going out like next week or something
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ps the programs you're "applying" to are A+
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ninetyfour wrote
I just spoke with admissions at UWO and he said that first round for engineering is going out like next week or something

Thanks! You are one keen dude haha!

They are, really hoping to get "accepted" to all of them
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RossGemaco RossGemaco
first round going out so soon? So that would just be based on the transcripts sent and nothing else, considering PSEs aren't due until feb 15th?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@RossGemaco wrote
first round going out so soon? So that would just be based on the transcripts sent and nothing else, considering PSEs aren't due until feb 15th?

Ah, sorry, what does PSE mean? and Western Engi requires it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@danielwatt wrote

@RossGemaco wrote

Personal Statement of Experience. I thought it was for all OUAC universities but maybe its only Queens.

but back to my main question- Early admissions..is that only determined from transcripts?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@RossGemaco wrote

@danielwatt wrote

@RossGemaco wrote

Personal Statement of Experience. I thought it was for all OUAC universities but maybe its only Queens.

but back to my main question- Early admissions..is that only determined from transcripts?

PSE is the name of the supplementary for Queen's, they're all different (AIF for Waterloo, SPF for U of T, etc). Yeah, for programs like UWO Engineering where there is no supplementary, admission is based solely on marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Alright thanks for the reply! Do you know if transcripts have to be AT THE UNIVERSITY by feb 1st or whatever the deadline is, or just sent by then?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jhoang jhoang
Does anyone know how UWO's engineering program is? What is the difference going to UWO rather than a more renown engineering school like UW or UofT?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Just saw my acceptance a few minutes ago :cheers:
I didn't get an email though...I just happened to decide to log on to the Western applicant portal thing and saw the little green check mark and my letter for the offer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ninetyfour wrote
I didn't get an email though...I just happened to decide to log on to the Western applicant portal thing and saw the little green check mark and my letter for the offer.

Lool! Thanks for the notification! How keen of you to check!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@danielwatt wrote

@ninetyfour wrote

Lool! Thanks for the notification! How keen of you to check!

Ahahaha I just really wanted to be accepted to UWO and Mac before writing my exams :3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jhoang wrote
Does anyone know how UWO's engineering program is? What is the difference going to UWO rather than a more renown engineering school like UW or UofT?

The reason why uwo's engineering program stands out is because of their high consumption of alcohol. It is ranked by playboy as one of the top schools for celebrations and student culture. in this aspect, neither ut nor uw can compare.

But on a more serious note, uwo offers a common first year engi program, something which Waterloo doesn't have (unless you consider their system design program as a common engi program). People also go to uwo for engi because you can double up with ivey, so you graduate with both a business degree and a engi degree all in 5 years.

I'm not sure if two has engi coop though. I remember reading something about internships but I have no clue what those are...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maddawg maddawg
does anyone know if green process engineering at western is actually accredited by the canadian engineering accreditation board?
Was this helpful? Yes 0