yconic - UWO Kinesiology Requirements
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO Kinesiology Requirements

A photo of davidbabaris davidbabaris
I've applied to kin at Western and have recently read that a minimum of 80% average on 6 gr12 u/m courses, including prerequisites is required for admission consideration. I have every course over 80 except for my english, which is at a 78.
I was wondering if this will automatically rule me out for a possible acceptance or not, even if i have a total average including my english at a decent level. Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of despairless despairless
Really? Where did you hear it from?
As far as I'm concerned Kinesiology at Western needs an OVERALL 85% in your top 6 Gr.12 U/M marks, including prerequisites so it doesn't matter if you get a 78% in English. If your overall average is at least an 85% it should be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HHuskies9 HHuskies9
yea i think you just can't drop below 70% in either biology or english...according to the lady at the western view day the cutoff last year was the highest its ever been and it was 85.1... so by that i don't know if that was the lowest mark sent out in the may acceptances or the lowest mark sent out on the waiting list. If you did some snopping then you would have done the extracurricular profile which was due april 2nd. With this profile, one of my friends got into kin with an 83. Best of luck bro.

also if you don't mind me asking, what's your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of davidbabaris davidbabaris
My average now with mid terms coming in, also with my top 6 including english will be 85.5%. I picked up a western health sciences magazine/information package at the last university fair, and it says exactly what I said in my original post about needing at least 80 in all top 6 courses to even be considered.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HHuskies9 HHuskies9
really? hmm ok good to know
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jasonmartins jasonmartins
fail.

Tony Nassif- UTM Chemical Sciences (Class of 2016):clown:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jasonrizk Jasonrizk
15 bucks little man, put that crap in my hand.If that money doesnt show then you owe me owe me owe.My jungle love.
Was this helpful? Yes 0