yconic - UWO Kinesiology
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO Kinesiology

A photo of eagerbeaver2010 eagerbeaver2010
Hey guys ! I was applying on OUAC for UWO Kin. And i had a couple of Questions.
I cant find a link to anywhere that tells me what the mandatory year two courses are. I've seen the year one courses, and they look interesting. I was hoping someone here is in that program or has a link to a page where it shows the year two courses.

Thanks for the help
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Stratton Stratton

@eagerbeaver2010 wrote
Hey guys ! I was applying on OUAC for UWO Kin. And i had a couple of Questions.
I cant find a link to anywhere that tells me what the mandatory year two courses are. I've seen the year one courses, and they look interesting. I was hoping someone here is in that program or has a link to a page where it shows the year two courses.

Thanks for the help

http://www.westerncalendar.uwo.ca/2010/pg423.html

Just click on the type of degree you want.
e.g. honors specialization Kin - BSc or BA or sport management, etc.
or major in kin
then it will tell you all the courses you need to graduate with that degree including 2nd year courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey stratton ! Im looking at the link you sent me and its say ing that I also need to take "activity based" courses. Are you sure, I read it right? So I have to take these courses??
And if anyone here has taken em, how are they? Are they relatively easy? And does it mean that I have 5 lecture based courses than these extra "activity" courses??

How does it work?
I thought it was only YorkU that required these activity courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stratton Stratton

@eagerbeaver2010 wrote
Hey stratton ! Im looking at the link you sent me and its say ing that I also need to take "activity based" courses. Are you sure, I read it right? So I have to take these courses??
And if anyone here has taken em, how are they? Are they relatively easy? And does it mean that I have 5 lecture based courses than these extra "activity" courses??

How does it work?
I thought it was only YorkU that required these activity courses.

Yeah I guess I don't really know too much about kin but my friend was in it and she did the activity courses I think. I believe you like do activities like basketball and stuff then do tests on it I don't really know though. Try emailing them they'd be a lot more help than I am.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hmm, all this activity based stuff is turning me off. Cuz i dont even know how they would mark these activity courses ya know? Im assuming a majority of the marks would come from the actual practical skills (dunking, slapshots, pitching , etc). That would be weird..

Crap
Was this helpful? Yes 0