yconic - UWO: MHF4U and MCV4U and/or math taken at university are necessary for Economics programs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO: MHF4U and MCV4U and/or math taken at university are necessary for Economics programs

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
does this mean we need both advance functions and calculus as a Prerequisite?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Yes!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prefontaine prefontaine
NO, because Economics is in the Social Science department, the ONLY PREREQ IS ENG 4U. They do highly recommend that you take Calculus though, because you will have to take it in your first year of university (if you choose to continue with the Economics program). However, you could technichally not take any maths in Grade 12 and still get into the program (though I obviously don't recommend this).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@prefontaine wrote
NO, because Economics is in the Social Science department, the ONLY PREREQ IS ENG 4U. They do highly recommend that you take Calculus though, because you will have to take it in your first year of university (if you choose to continue with the Economics program). However, you could technichally not take any maths in Grade 12 and still get into the program (though I obviously don't recommend this).

Oh my bad. But still take calc in high school because the pre reqs for uni calc is calc 12 unless you want to take the intro level course which isn't really...you know
Oh, prereq in this case, English, means that it will be used to calculate your average. Even if something isn't prereq, you still might need it...
Was this helpful? Yes 0