yconic - UWO: MHF4U and MCV4U and/or math taken at university are necessary for Economics programs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO: MHF4U and MCV4U and/or math taken at university are necessary for Economics programs

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
does this mean i need to take advance function and calculus in order to be accepted to UWO?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Yes! As I already replied on the thread in the business section...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RielAngou RielAngou

@heesoup wrote
Yes! As I already replied on the thread in the business section...

Actually, you're wrong. Notice the "and/or" portion of that quote. I contacted admissions earlier this week with the same question and discovered that if "and/or" is included, then the math courses are NOT required for admission. Not taking the math courses won't hurt your chances, but it is recommended in order to equip you with the necessary skills for the program(s) you're applying to.

Either way, you'll have to take the math courses, whether it be in high school or university. You will have to fit in university level math courses (most likely calculus if you're applying for economics/finance) to make up for the fact that you didn't take any in high school. This will put you behind a semester due to the fact that you can't proceed without the math credit(s).
Was this helpful? Yes 0