yconic - UWO National Scholarship Interview Questions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO National Scholarship Interview Questions

A photo of RonenA RonenA
I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of questions to expect at the interview for the Western National Scholarship.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
24 replies

A photo of estatia estatia
Congrats! I've been wanting to know as well. Any past winners here?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of annemcdonald annemcdonald
I got an interview too... so nervous :s
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What did everyone think of the interviews? Do you know when we'll hear back?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Meridian Meridian
The interview period finished last Friday and I think there were about 30 people total.

I don't think my interview went that well as they focused a lot on my essay. Thirty minutes goes by so fast. It did not give me much opportunity to tell them more about me.

I asked when we would know the results. They indicated it should be by end of this week.

Good Luck...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah I think they did that with everyone.. just sort of focused on the essay and one or two specific activities. What makes you think there were only 30? They had time for probably 8 interviews a day x 10 days = 80.
Oh really, that soon? :s I'm so nervous
Good luck to you too :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Meridian Meridian
Hi AM, I think there were only 3 interviewees on the day I went. I didn't get to talk to the others (but did sneak in a quick wave). Atleast they looked as nervous as I was.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh okay. What program are you applying for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

OMG OMG OMG. I can't believe it! I just got a call and I won the faculty scholarship! I didn't even think my interview went that well!

Gonna celebrate by not doing work for 2 hours!! Yeesh!:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I just got a faculty entrance one too! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kyhaara Kyhaara
I haven't heard anything yet. I think mine went alright... But like you, Meridan, they focused a lot on my essay and I'm not sure that went so well. >.< Congrats, Estatia and Anne! Guess I'm just getting the basic one, then (for getting interviewed). Oh well - I made it that far!

You guys going to Western? I accepted my offer on Sunday night.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Yeah, Western for Engineering :) How about you, what program? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kyhaara Kyhaara
Arts and Humanities. I want to go into French/English/Creative writing. Or some mixture of all three. I'm applying for residence right now (just paid the deposit, now I've got to wait for it to go through so I can set my preferences).

My brother's in engineering (but at Queen's). It's not something that interests me (my parents wanted me to because of my all-round good grades, but I dislike science and am not particularly interested in mathematics). :D You going to stay in residence?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm not sure... I live in London and it's only a short bike ride from my house to UWO, so I might cash in the scholarship residence for cash :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Anne, was it the dean of engineering that called you about the scholarship? I also wonder if they contacted people from London first because I haven't heard about anyone else getting it yet...hmm.

I think the judges went easy on me because my essay was about using nanofibers for tissue engineering so they couldn't drill too much into the details. Instead, they could only ask questions like, "if your solution doesn't work, can you suggest something else?"

I'm still waiting on scholar's electives, but if I get in I'll be living in elgin for my first year. might as well make the most out of the money given right? ;)

I can't wait to meet everyone on this thread next year (if you're all coming to western)!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah well it was a representative from his office who called me. Yeah my essay was on affirmative action so the social science/political science guys had a lot to say about it, but I think I defended myself pretty well :)
Yeah can't wait :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of scubasteve scubasteve
I emailed the scholarship program director at Western today to ask about the results (I had been out of the country the past week and a half so I wasn`t around to receive phone calls).

I ended up getting a Faculty Entrance scholarship as well, and it`s my understanding that all the winners have been chosen and contacted already. I`m not sure if those not selected are going to be contacted.

I hope my post doesn`t seem random or anything, I was just unneccessarily paranoid that posting on the thread before or immediately after the interview would be a jinx or something.

Can`t wait for Western!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@scubasteve wrote
I emailed the scholarship program director at Western today to ask about the results (I had been out of the country the past week and a half so I wasn`t around to receive phone calls).

I ended up getting a Faculty Entrance scholarship as well, and it`s my understanding that all the winners have been chosen and contacted already. I`m not sure if those not selected are going to be contacted.

I hope my post doesn`t seem random or anything, I was just unneccessarily paranoid that posting on the thread before or immediately after the interview would be a jinx or something.

Can`t wait for Western!!!

lol. this thread has sort of died down ever since the interviews finished.
which faculty are you in? i'm really excited for september as well!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

haha, true, but I`m making up for lost time from when I was out of the country :)

I`m in Social Science and scholar`s electives :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@scubasteve wrote
haha, true, but I`m making up for lost time from when I was out of the country :)

You got into SE???????????????????
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote

@scubasteve wrote

You got into SE???????????????????

Don`t freak out, emails haven`t gone out yet. I actually got into SE last year (I graduated high school last year and took this year off to travel, volunteer, and mature a bit). I had to re-apply to SE this year, and when I went for my scholarship interview I had a meeting with one of the deans beforehand. The dean I met chooses the kids for SE and they liked me again I guess. As far as I know they`re just running a bit late this year, don`t worry! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Speak of the devil...I just got the email from Western accepting me to SE...check your emails everyone :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@scubasteve wrote
Speak of the devil...I just got the email from Western accepting me to SE...check your emails everyone :)

Congrats :D!
Was this helpful? Yes 0