yconic - UWO Scholars Elective Program
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO Scholars Elective Program

A photo of Ozinator Ozinator
Im applying for westerns scholars elective program and I had a few questions:

1) how competitive is the program to get in? It says 90% min, the higher the average the better chance of getting in I presume?

2) what is the application like? Basic questions ? (ie ec's volunteering?)

3) do each programs had a certain number of SE students accepted? I'm applying for BioMed.

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred

@Ozinator wrote

1) how competitive is the program to get in? It says 90% min, the higher the average the better chance of getting in I presume?

3) do each programs had a certain number of SE students accepted? I'm applying for BioMed.

Thanks.

Why don't you just... apply and find out?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew

@Ozinator wrote

Thanks.

I can't answer 2 because Scholar's Elective isn't offered for BMOS, but I can do my best with the other two questions. From what I know, getting into SE is pretty difficult and your marks don't necessarily reflect your ability to get in. I assume they're looking for well-rounded individuals who are highly involved. I believe there's a lot of writing and essay questions in the application.

And yes, I'm pretty sure there's a cap for each program.

Also, I'd just like to add that SE isn't too big of a deal. I would say it's the most beneficial for bio med students since you can get a leg up by getting a better chance at lab work than your peers (which is pretty huge if you want to become a doctor). Mostly, being in SE just gives you permission to feel elitist.
Was this helpful? Yes 0