yconic - UWO Science Degree 1st year course selection * Urgent Help please
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO Science Degree 1st year course selection * Urgent Help please

A photo of kjp8908 kjp8908
Hello Everyone:

I notice all the time that a lot of UWO graduates/ or current students are on these forums and I need ur help please!

So i'm just about to enroll in the Science program , as I want to get my bachelor of science.

My courses are the following:
- Chem 1100a/1200b
- Calc 1000a/1301b
- Bio 1001a/1002 b
- Physics( I will not take throughout the year, but will take during summer school)
- Electives food & nut , compt sci, earth sci

Now, am I missing anything that would not allow me to get my science degree?
Like any math courses that im required to take , etc.

** A big question I also have is , I'm a fairly weak math/calc student, do I HAVE to take 1301B to get my degree in science? I heard I only need to take it if I want to major in physics(which I have no interest in), is that true?

Thanks a lot guys!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of CatRunner CatRunner
What module are you interested in pursuing? The Western calendar should outline exactly which courses you need for that module, as well as which first year courses you need to get into that module.

So check out the calendar - it should answer you questions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz

@kjp8908 wrote
Hello Everyone:

I notice all the time that a lot of UWO graduates/ or current students are on these forums and I need ur help please!

So i'm just about to enroll in the Science program , as I want to get my bachelor of science.

My courses are the following:
- Chem 1100a/1200b
- Calc 1000a/1301b
- Bio 1001a/1002 b
- Physics( I will not take throughout the year, but will take during summer school)
- Electives food & nut , compt sci, earth sci

Now, am I missing anything that would not allow me to get my science degree?
Like any math courses that im required to take , etc.

** A big question I also have is , I'm a fairly weak math/calc student, do I HAVE to take 1301B to get my degree in science? I heard I only need to take it if I want to major in physics(which I have no interest in), is that true?

Thanks a lot guys!

1501b calc is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY easier than 1301b. You will screw over your sleeping and eating habits as destroy your GPA by taking 1301 over 1501.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CatRunner CatRunner
Ignore Quiz - he thinks he's being funny by telling students to take the harder math course.

Check out the posts by jplank - he knows what he's talking about with respect to UWO Math courses.
Some of them you can find here: http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=7571
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of adamraffoul adamraffoul
I took Calc 1000a first semester and got an 87.

Then I took Math 1225b ("applications" of calculus...which it's not really at all) and went to three classes all year, studied night before/day of tests and got a 94. Calc 1000 SHOULD be an antirequisite as it's so similar.

Depends on your module...I'm in Medical Sciences and I was able to take 1225.

Hope this helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0