yconic - UWO science floor?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO science floor?

A photo of Marble Marble
does anyone have any idea how the science floor is at western? i think it's in the med-syd building from what i've heard
anything about med-syd or the science floor? :P i heard there's lots of spirit
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of jensev jensev
I'm curious too. Some people seem to think its competitive, others say its great for studying n stuff, and others say its basically the same as any other floor. are any of these true? or is it all a bunch of antisocial nerds?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
I've heard several times that it's a good environment. What surprised me, and still sort of does to this day, is that science students are actually usually pretty cool people, not antisocial nerds. Sorry, I should say, "biology students" are that way. Physics and chemistry students are antisocial nerds, as far as I'm concerned.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
I've heard several times that it's a good environment. What surprised me, and still sort of does to this day, is that science students are actually usually pretty cool people, not antisocial nerds. Sorry, I should say, "biology students" are that way. Physics and chemistry students are antisocial nerds, as far as I'm concerned.

Depends on your demographic. I know some hardcore med-school aiming biology students. They are many things, but pretty cool is definitely not one of them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Hence why I said "usually". As is true in any program, biology has its fair share of turbonerds.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Hence why I said "usually". As is true in any program, biology has its fair share of turbonerds.

I was just throwing an alternate opinion. This is why I don't like creating perceptions of programs from a few, possibly limited, observations. However, I think we are all guilty of doing this at some point or another, so I can see where you are coming from.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of freebird freebird
The people I've met from science floors have been really cool people, and they've all loved it. That doesn't say anything about the people whom I didn't meet though - they may be antisocial. From what I've heard though it's really beneficial academically because you've got others in the same classes, and your sophs and RA will be in science too and can help with course material. Socially I think it's pretty much the same as any other floor, but since everyone's in the same classes you'll get to know each other better.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheLaw TheLaw
I lived one floor below the science floor last year. They were a pretty good floor, more than half were social, there were only a few that were kinda antisocial. In terms of academics, there isn't a competition on the floor, usually people help each other to the extend they can, I have many times gone there to do my online quizzes with a bunch of them and they were really helpful :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0