yconic - UWO: Stress gauge is redlining
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UWO: Stress gauge is redlining

A photo of Lollercopter Lollercopter
Alright, rumours have it the final round of acceptance is this week, and I'm counting on Western to send me that letter.
I've applied to computer science, and my top 6 average is 90.5%. Has anyone else here received their letters recently?

Also, for those who have applied to UWO computer science, what were your averages and when did you get accepted? Hopefully I see you in class next year!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of nfabiano nfabiano
Don't worry man, UWO hasn't sent out any offers yet. They're probably looking at this forum and just laughing at us as we all post forums about UWO Acceptance. Sit back, you'll be fine with acceptance. Like the rest of us, we'll just play the waiting game
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cml0103 cml0103

@Lollercopter wrote
Alright, rumours have it the final round of acceptance is this week, and I'm counting on Western to send me that letter.
I've applied to computer science, and my top 6 average is 90.5%. Has anyone else here received their letters recently?

Also, for those who have applied to UWO computer science, what were your averages and when did you get accepted? Hopefully I see you in class next year!

Don't worry! The Western facebook rep said that bulk offers will be on student centre from May 13th to the 20th. Your average is really good I don't see why you wouldn't get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp
Same thing, I've gotten the confirmation that they received my application and I'm sitting at a 88.7% average and applied to the social science program and the previous social science cut-off was 83% and everyone at or over 83% got in. Completely stressing out right now because I didn't get in yet and I called western a few times and even asked during the campus tour and got the same exact response from everyone. That is, May 13th to May 24th will be the majority of offers being given out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13

@PeoplesChamp wrote
Same thing, I've gotten the confirmation that they received my application and I'm sitting at a 88.7% average and applied to the social science program and the previous social science cut-off was 83% and everyone at or over 83% got in. Completely stressing out right now because I didn't get in yet and I called western a few times and even asked during the campus tour and got the same exact response from everyone. That is, May 13th to May 24th will be the majority of offers being given out.

I CANT WAIT...AHHH!!!:bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of r2k1 r2k1
They changed it? GAHHH
Wasn't it supposed to be THIS week!?!?????!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ebs38 ebs38
haha :) don't worry guys!

I'm at uwo right now, and I remember being in your position. No need to stress, from what I've heard, they send their acceptances out ridiculously late every year; I didn't get my letter until around May 24-28th last year! Super stressful, but you'll find out soon enough!

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@Lollercopter wrote

Don't worry, Western sends out their acceptances later. There's NO WAY that this week is their final round.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TNSky TNSky
To repeat what others have said: Don't worry, you'll be just fine. That's an awesome average. I know plenty of people who are only starting to get their acceptances now.

Didn't know they sent them out that late though. I was accepted earlier with a lower average, but that's probably because I'm a victory lapper.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lollercopter Lollercopter
I woke up this morning and found this!
Check it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13
^ +1000000 :D I got in too...im feeling pretty good!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emotycka emotycka
Congrats to those who have offers, and to those that haven't heard yet. Don't stress (Easier said than done, I know, I remember how I felt. Offers are still going out. At very least you've probably been wait listed. They would have told you if you din't blatantly make the cutoff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17
Congrats everyone! Welcome to the Western family :)

Now's a good time to check this thread out: http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=5632
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beachbuum beachbuum
got accepted toddaay:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0