yconic - Vectors and Laurier BBA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Vectors and Laurier BBA

A photo of EastSideBoyz EastSideBoyz
hey guys
So i did well in the calculus part of the course but vectors not so well
just wondering if i will be continuing vectors at laurier for my BBA program that i applied to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

&& do we select what math course we have to take or do they ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of canta93loupe canta93loupe
No one continues with vectors unless you're going into Math or Engineering.

So no.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
To answer your second question, you must first write the Calculus Preperatory Exam (CPE) online before you choose your math/calc course for first year.

They use the data to see how people are doing, and to give recommendations on which one to take. You could cheat if you wanted to, but they suggest you don't and there's no need to. And you don't have to follow their recommendations.

MA129 is the easiest math/calc course, it is supposedly INSANELY easy if you've taken high school calculus. There is MA 103 which is a bit harder. And then there is MA110, which is a 1.0/full credit, and is fairly difficult for most people. You need a 70 on the CPE I think to take MA110. So you could cheat on the CPE and get above a 70 and take MA110 but what sense would that make?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nazarus nazarus

@EastSideBoyz wrote
hey guys
just wondering if i will be continuing vectors at laurier for my BBA program that i applied to.

Dear EastSideBoyz,

Linear algebra is part of curriculum for many business programs, and although little different from vectors, they are essentially the same idea. I believe McGill Management and Queen's Commerce students take linear algebra course in their first year, and the concepts are applied in upper year courses such as Strategy, Managerial Economics, and Quantitative Marketing.

Good luck,

Dr. B. Nazarus
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bta1993 bta1993

@g93 wrote
To answer your second question, you must first write the Calculus Preperatory Exam (CPE) online before you choose your math/calc course for first year.

They use the data to see how people are doing, and to give recommendations on which one to take. You could cheat if you wanted to, but they suggest you don't and there's no need to. And you don't have to follow their recommendations.

MA129 is the easiest math/calc course, it is supposedly INSANELY easy if you've taken high school calculus. There is MA 103 which is a bit harder. And then there is MA110, which is a 1.0/full credit, and is fairly difficult for most people. You need a 70 on the CPE I think to take MA110. So you could cheat on the CPE and get above a 70 and take MA110 but what sense would that make?

can u take more than one of these math courses, if u like math?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@nazarus wrote

@EastSideBoyz wrote
hey guys

Dear EastSideBoyz,

Linear algebra is part of curriculum for many business programs, and although little different from vectors, they are essentially the same idea. I believe McGill Management and Queen's Commerce students take linear algebra course in their first year, and the concepts are applied in upper year courses such as Strategy, Managerial Economics, and Quantitative Marketing.

Good luck,

Dr. B. Nazarus

But i dont think the same goes for Laurier first year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@bta1993 wrote

@g93 wrote

can u take more than one of these math courses, if u like math?

You can only take one of MA129, MA103 and MA110, but MA110 is a full credit and is the full year, and as a result you can take one less non-business elective.

There is also MA130 (Mathematics for SBE students) which does not count as your math/calc course required in yr 1. You can take this with MA129, but not MA103 or MA110.

I think there is a couple other math/calc courses, you can check them out on the undergrad calendar and just make sure you look at the prerequisites and exclusions (antireqs).

You can also take courses at UW too, I don't know exactly how you go about that but they would likely have more math courses than Laurier if you're interested in that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nazarus nazarus

@EastSideBoyz wrote

@nazarus wrote

@EastSideBoyz wrote
hey guys

Dear EastSideBoyz,

Good luck,

Dr. B. Nazarus

That would mean that Laurier students take Lin. Alg. in 2nd or 3rd year, and that would mean that Laurier students are 1~2 years behind McGill/Queen's students in their course of learning.

This goes to show the value of top business schools.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@nazarus wrote

@EastSideBoyz wrote

@nazarus wrote

@EastSideBoyz wrote
hey guys

Dear EastSideBoyz,

Good luck,

Dr. B. Nazarus

That would mean that Laurier students take Lin. Alg. in 2nd or 3rd year, and that would mean that Laurier students are 1~2 years behind McGill/Queen's students in their course of learning.

This goes to show the value of top business schools.

There is some in the MA129 course and more in the MA103 and even more in MA110. There is also a Linear Algebra course that you can take if you really want to.

Laurier is slightly more chill but the same opportunities are avaialble in the sense that you were referring to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0