yconic - Very Simple Mac Life/Health Science question about courses
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Very Simple Mac Life/Health Science question about courses

A photo of mikemeyers21 mikemeyers21
So the course I have decided to take are

English
Advanced Functions
Calculus
Chemistry
Physics
Biology

It says they check only one of the math courses but if I wish to take both can they be counted om my top 6 or do I need to take another course to make it count as top 6. I
think the same goes for chemistry and physics.

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of LJustin LJustin

@mikemeyers21 wrote

English
Advanced Functions
Calculus
Chemistry
Physics
Biology

It says they check only one of the math courses but if I wish to take both can they be counted om my top 6 or do I need to take another course to make it count as top 6. I

Thanks

Yes and yes. Since you only have 6 courses, those will be your top 6.

McMaster says they only look at one in case you have other marks that are higher. So as long as you meet the pre-requisites that they require (ENG4U, SBI4U, one math and something) then you're fine to use whatever your other courses are for top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of futuredoc futuredoc

@mikemeyers21 wrote

English
Advanced Functions
Calculus
Chemistry
Physics
Biology

Thanks

They will take whichever math mark is highest.

HOWEVER, one of the requirements is that you have one non-math; non-science; non-technology 4U/M credit. All of your courses (other than English) are maths and sciences. So, you need to take one more course that isn't a math, science or tech course.
Was this helpful? Yes 0