yconic - Vic One?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Vic One?

A photo of sciencegirlxxx sciencegirlxxx
Hey.

I want to go to Toronto (pretty sure) and I was wondering about the Vic One program (Stowe-Gullen Stream). I want to know if its worth it to do the class or just do regular classes. What do you get from it? Will it affect my schedule a lot?

Thanks so much! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of 6x7 6x7

@sciencegirlxxx wrote
Hey.

I want to go to Toronto (pretty sure) and I was wondering about the Vic One program (Stowe-Gullen Stream). I want to know if its worth it to do the class or just do regular classes. What do you get from it? Will it affect my schedule a lot?

Thanks so much! :)

Ahaha, I wish I had read your post before I posted mine on the other discussion board.

Anyway, I am thinking about Vic One, but not the Stowe-Gullen Stream.

Have you gotten in to Victoria College (not a requirement for Vic One, but just asking)?

If so, Vic College expects all of us to do 1 or 0.5 of a seminar course, so if you do Vic One or not, you will end up doing a seminar course anyway.

However, Vic One sounds so different- it's two seminar courses + a co-requisite course! Ahh, it's so confusing, I am on the same boat as you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sciencegirlxxx sciencegirlxxx
Well, I haven't gotten my acceptance to Toronto yet, but I have about a 92% average from last semester, so I hope soon. :) I applied to Woodsworth, so I'm not going to Vic, but I like the One program there. Especially since its the science stream and that's what I want. It sounds really awesome because you can really get to know the professors and the people that want to do the same kind of thing as you. As well, its less packed with students making it easier to be involved and participate in class. :) I just don't know how it works or if it really is worth it (it sounds like it though)!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SKHL SKHL
The One programs at U of T are a great choice. I took Trinity One myself in my first year, which was limited to 25 students and star professors that normally do not teach classes at the first year level. You really get to know everyone else in the class, and your professor gets to know you very well. It is a great contrast from some of the inevitable large classes you will have in your undergraduate experience, when your professor simply lectures to a large group.

Also, and I cannot comment on Vic One in particular, often the professors you get in One programs will be professor you will likely have again in your third and fourth year. When it comes time for reference letters for graduate schools, the professor will be able to note how long he/she has known you (four years) and the progression you have made over the years. So definitely look into the One programs at U of T!
Was this helpful? Yes 0