yconic - Victoria College (U of T)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Victoria College (U of T)

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Anyone else have Vic as a first choice? I thought I'd make this thread since there's one for Trin.

I think I may have messed up on the first question on the Profile. It said to list three EC's but I actually described each one. I figured the answer was supposed to be of a length similar to that of the other two questions... Maybe it's a common mistake?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
243 replies

A photo of NerdmobileDriver NerdmobileDriver
I did that, too. My answer was about 1000 characters. I made a list of three, but underneath each one I wrote a couple of sentences describing how it "enriched" me seeing as they mention that as well. It was really confusing though because they said point form and at the same time, I'm pretty sure 3 lines wouldn't really give them what they're looking for. Oh well, I know a lot of people applying to Vic and they also did the same thing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yay! Thank you for your response. That's definitely comforting. I thought exactly the same thing about 3 point-form EC's being an inadequate answer.

Will you be applying to Vic One once application period opens?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NerdmobileDriver NerdmobileDriver
LOL, no problem. :P Yeah, it definitely should have been worded differently. I'm applying for Rotman so I can't apply for Vic One, but I have a friend that's applying for the Northrop Frye stream, I think.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Andalus Andalus
Good, I'm not the only one. I also didn't think it would make sense to just list them, why would they give you 2000 characters? Oh well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21

@NerdmobileDriver wrote
I did that, too. My answer was about 1000 characters. I made a list of three, but underneath each one I wrote a couple of sentences describing how it "enriched" me seeing as they mention that as well.

That's exactly what I did. :colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective
Didn't have to do the supplemental, being from outside of Ontario. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Yeah, I applied to Vic as well.
For the EC section, I wrote in point form detailed duties...I hope it's all right lol
And VicOne, I am hoping to apply to the Pearson stream :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote

Same with me. What program did you apply to U of T for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@NerdmobileDriver wrote
LOL, no problem. :P Yeah, it definitely should have been worded differently. I'm applying for Rotman so I can't apply for Vic One, but I have a friend that's applying for the Northrop Frye stream, I think.

I'm going to apply to Frye too.

Vic One in general sounds like it's very artsy which I love. I really hope I get in.

Also, why did you guys pick Vic over Trin?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@clairec21 wrote

@heesoup wrote

Same with me. What program did you apply to U of T for?

I applied to Soc Sci and said my area of major interest was criminology.
How about you?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote

I applied to Soc Sci and said my area of major interest was criminology.
How about you?

Social Sciences with a major interest in International Relations. A lot of people are telling me to do Trin One for IR, but I want to live in the Vic One House. Also, I'd rather be in Vic One instead of Trin One seeing as I'm applying to Victoria.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cfaux cfaux
hi everyone!
I will be applying to victoria college at the U of T in 2012 and I would like to have a peek at the upcoming admission essays. I understand from talking to friends that you have to write a student profile to be admitted. Does any one what this years questions were? Are they difficult? Thanks so much!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Vic was my first choice.
But I'm from BC, so I didn't have to do the profile.
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Got accepted today!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Wow, congrats! Did they specifically tell you that you got into Vic? That's so amazing! I'm very jealous!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote
Wow, congrats! Did they specifically tell you that you got into Vic? That's so amazing! I'm very jealous!

Thank you! And yes, they did. A pop up message will come up on your Join U of T Portal saying you've been admitted and to which college.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of willeh willeh

@clairec21 wrote
Thank you! And yes, they did. A pop up message will come up on your Join U of T Portal saying you've been admitted and to which college.

May I ask what was your average and ECs?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@clairec21 wrote
Got accepted today!

Congrats
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@willeh wrote

May I ask what was your average and ECs?

My first semester average was 94, and my grade 11 average was 92-93ish.
As for ECs I have:
-Hockey and Field Lacrosse
-Volunteering at camps
-Goalie instructor at hockey clinics
-Goalie coach for a girl
-Helped campaign in my mom's municipal election campaign
-3 clubs at school

@jsaroya wrote

@clairec21 wrote
Got accepted today!

Congrats

Thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh wow, I got into Vic too, it turns out! I thought they would email me. I also checked OUAC but nothing was there...Thanks clairec21 for mentioning the portal!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

They only received my file yesterday. "This document has not yet been examined to determine if it satisfies one of the required documents. It will be reviewed and updated on this site within 6 to 8 weeks from the date it was received." :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote
Oh wow, I got into Vic too, it turns out! I thought they would email me. I also checked OUAC but nothing was there...Thanks clairec21 for mentioning the portal!

Congrats! Yeah, I was just bored yesterday in spare so I decided to check all my applications. I barely ever check the portal, so it was lucky that I did.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm trying to log in to Join U of T and I'm getting this message: "You are not able to log on to this site because our records indicate
that you are not a current applicant to an undergraduate program at the
University of Toronto."
I was capable of logging on yesterday, and I can still access the Application Status Check page... \(?_?)/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sarvish Sarvish

@theboydetective wrote
I'm trying to log in to Join U of T and I'm getting this message: "You are not able to log on to this site because our records indicate
University of Toronto."
I was capable of logging on yesterday, and I can still access the Application Status Check page... \(?_?)/

I have the exact same thing! I thought I screwed something up. Yesterday when I got this error, clearing cache fixed it... but today, absolutely nothing that I do seems to fix the problem D:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Sarvish wrote

@theboydetective wrote
University of Toronto."

I have the exact same thing! I thought I screwed something up. Yesterday when I got this error, clearing cache fixed it... but today, absolutely nothing that I do seems to fix the problem D:

Oh no, you guys should call them is it doesn't fix itself! :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0