yconic - Viewing Scholarships
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Viewing Scholarships

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Two notes for the Moderators, and I'm sure you guys will also have your own comments to add:

1. Even expired scholarships are still in "My Dashboard" when they should just be automatically removed. Why do I need to see a scholarship that expired in October 2010?

2. If you're promoting scholarships make them scholarships! Why am I getting scholarship notifications about "scholarships" that are actually just credit cards, lines of credit, or other programs that don't offer any scholarship money?

Please fix ASAP.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Yeah, it's annoying when you see "you have 49 scholarships on your dashboard" but then it actually turns out that you can only apply for like 10 because all the others have expired.

2.theres an option when you're filling out your profile to not receive other random information. It's a little checkbox thingy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Nyx wrote
2.theres an option when you're filling out your profile to not receive other random information. It's a little checkbox thingy.

I have that checked. But it's because SA considers credit cards to be "Scholarships."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Also, how about an additional filter to allow us to take out the ones that cost money? Never before have I seen "application fees" but now I have run through a bunch that have a $25 application fee.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
That's weird, I never got any credit card "scholarships"

but then again, i'm not old enough to have one.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of JeremyDieleman JeremyDieleman
It is really annoying geting contests for tvs when your looking for scholarships and when you finnaly find one it expired in september or something silly like that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of adencliffe adencliffe
Although it is nice to get to apply for contests for shoppers drug mart and victoria secret gift cards, I would much rather win $1000 for school, and no cosmetics or underwear.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LisaWan LisaWan
Yes, I agree with the fact that it is annoying how you might be interested in applying for a scholarship, and then realizing that it has already expired. This has happened to me a lot of times, and I admit that it's really annoying to me, but then I remember that when I applied for a scholarship last year, it was convenient to easily find back the link to the website of that scholarship.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nc2chicken nc2chicken
I totally agree with the rest of you, it is quite annoying to receive scholarship notices that tells me I need to apply for a credit card to GET A CHANCE to receive a scholarship. No thanks, I'd rather have scholarships that require some work to receive.
Was this helpful? Yes 0