yconic - Visit Travel Goals
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Visit Travel Goals

A photo of Keiser561993 Keiser561993
umm what?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
37 replies

A photo of kraken kraken
umm what?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
I visited Malibu last summer and fell in love with it. For the last few years I planned on returning to my hometown to settle down, but, after having visited the Cali coast, I think I'll end up there (in a suburb like Thousand Oaks, not far from Malibu). The people are well-educated, typically fiscally conservative and socially liberal (like myself), and fairly well off; the climate is ideal (highs of 26-28 [a dry 28, not the humid 28 that we get here in Southern Ontario] in the summer and 20-21 in the winter); it's safe; the cities tend to be well taken care of; and it's beautiful (palm trees, oak trees, mountains, and ocean). And the housing prices aren't too bad. I guess that means I want to learn and live in the SoCal culture.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CCarter CCarter
Personally I've done quite a bit of traveling, and a few of my fav places would be California, because its sunny and there are beautiful beaches! :) ... but the most amazing place is Marseille, in France, blue skies and sunny, warm and just all around amazing. I would love to go back there or even end up living there! :)

I dream of traveling the whole world to see all the beautiful sights there are to see on this planet! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of marbern marbern
Scotland. I lived there for 3 years and it is really quite a beautiful place. It's always so green, and if you don't mind rain too much, I'd certaintly recommend it. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ooosh Ooosh
Want to visit the 32 states I haven't been to. Would love to see Alaska. Want to do Europe (only have been to Switzerland). I don't have any desire to go to Asia, Africa, South America... don't care to go to Australia or New Zealand.

I know I don't want to stay in Toronto, I would like to move out to at least the suburbs and preferably something more rural than that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Don't we already have a travel thread?

I'd like to study abroad (again) in Vienna. I only spent two weeks there but I fell in love with it; I'm going back in March and can't wait.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Iceland

Galapagos Islands

Mauritius

Antarctica

Nepal

Alert
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AM AM
I would to travel around the Mediterranean- through Greece to Spain. I would also go back to Thailand, but then stop in NZ and Australia and do a little exploring.
But I would love to live in California! I have relatives just outside San Fransisco, and I love it there! It's always so warm and sunny.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Does anyone else think California is really overrated?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zion wrote

I guess it's overrated because it gets talked about very, very, very, very much, but it's only very, very, very cool.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of UofABears UofABears
It honestly depends on your tastes of where you want to go. If you want to bring out the inner 5-year-old in you, go to Florida and visit DisneyWorld. Stay in a resort on the Disney grounds.

If history is your passion, then visit Italy. I was there a couple years ago, and loved it. The history is embedded in the architecture and detailing of the structures. Italy is also a great way to feel immersed in the culture- with all the food, language, and atmosphere of the country.

If you prefer landscape and scenery, the Greek countryside is best. The cities are more modern than those of Italy I found, but the countryside is beautiful. From the hills to the beaches of the islands, you won't regret any part of your trip.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@UofABears wrote
It honestly depends on your tastes of where you want to go. If you want to bring out the inner 5-year-old in you, go to Florida and visit DisneyWorld. Stay in a resort on the Disney grounds.

If history is your passion, then visit Italy. I was there a couple years ago, and loved it. The history is embedded in the architecture and detailing of the structures. Italy is also a great way to feel immersed in the culture- with all the food, language, and atmosphere of the country.

If you prefer landscape and scenery, the Greek countryside is best. The cities are more modern than those of Italy I found, but the countryside is beautiful. From the hills to the beaches of the islands, you won't regret any part of your trip.

These seem like some gross generalizations. How many countries have you been to...10?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@Zion wrote

No, because <3 stanford <3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@Nyx wrote

@Zion wrote

No, because <3 stanford <3

The coolest thing about Cali. But Harvard and Boston are the champs. :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of RobinBC RobinBC
There are a number of diffrent places I would love to go. To start I would love to go to Sicily, Italy. I have Italian roots, but have never been there and I would love to see where some of my family came from. I would also love to go to New Zealand, purely becasue I am and huge fan of the lord of the rings and would love to see where it was filmed :D. And finally I would want to go to Puerto Rico. I once read a newspaper article about the bioluminescent bays that they have there, and I would love to see them for my self.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

^This?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ashrafn001 ashrafn001
There are many great places to visit or reside in the world. I for one am very much fond of the sun and dislike the freezing temperatures in Canada. I would prefer a place like California, Florida or even France. They are all great tourism sites and attract millions yearly. They are also known as the most welcoming places in the world and with the best ratings.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm a huge fan of Europe (I had a small dose of Italy this summer) so I can't wait to go back. However, right now I am aiming for the UK - especially England. I spent one day in London because I flew back through it so I definitely want to go there again. But of course, it's just a dream right now because of school! And I would really love to go to China one day.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@AM wrote
But I would love to live in California! I have relatives just outside San Fransisco, and I love it there! It's always so warm and sunny.

Try going there in November - February ... not the greatest weather. I've visited my friends who go to school close by LA and it can get pretty cold!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

In the coastal areas of Southern Cali, it's pretty nice even in winter. A little cool, and there certainly are cool periods, but still... I'd deal with it if it didn't mean having to deal with the hot and very humid summers that the East Coast gets.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
^ Best thing about west coast weather isn't the warmth or lack of snow (I personally like snow), it's the absence of humidity.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yes, I actually prefer the cool-cold, snowy winters of Southern Ontario to the cool, rainy winters of coastal BC. I hate cool and rainy. The worst, though, is the bitterly cold Prairie winters.

I haven't been to Cali in the winter, though. I'd imagine highs of 20 are actually quite cool, and lows of +5 probably wouldn't be that pleasant. In the East, when we have highs of 20, it's actually warm because that generally means it's 28 with humidity. Humidity definitely is a big factor. When it's 30 in Ontario with 42 humidex, it actually feels like a 42 in the Arizona desert. I could never fathom how Phoenix people could tolerate days when the high is 42, but now I know it's really not all different from what I'm used to in Ontario.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Zion Zion

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Yes, I actually prefer the cool-cold, snowy winters of Southern Ontario to the cool, rainy winters of coastal BC. I hate cool and rainy. The worst, though, is the bitterly cold Prairie winters.

Agreed. In Vancouver we get 8 months of rain, which is even more depressing than snow (because at least then you often have clear skies). I lived in Winnipeg for a year though and I definitely don't miss it.

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote

I haven't been to Cali in the winter, though. I'd imagine highs of 20 are actually quite cool, and lows of +5 probably wouldn't be that pleasant. In the East, when we have highs of 20, it's actually warm because that generally means it's 28 with humidity. Humidity definitely is a big factor. When it's 30 in Ontario with 42 humidex, it actually feels like a 42 in the Arizona desert. I could never fathom how Phoenix people could tolerate days when the high is 42, but now I know it's really not all different from what I'm used to in Ontario.

I've been in February and it was in the low 20s. I can't stand humidity though. At least if I go out east for uni I'll be out of there by summer. :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0