yconic - Visiting U of T?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Visiting U of T?

A photo of judysong judysong
Hi all!

I was planning on visiting the University of Toronto for a few days during Spring Break (March 19-April 4 for my school in Vancouver) and I ran into a problem. I'm seventeen at the moment, and a few people have been telling me that the hotels in Toronto won't let me book a room alone as an unaccompanied minor, even if I have a credit card and ID that shows I will be eighteen in a matter of months. :(
Is there a way to book a hotel just for a few nights? I don't have any relatives in the Greater Toronto area to stay with...

Thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
I think you actually might have to be 19 in Ontario to book a hotel. Regardless, I would phone the hotels and ask or you could try a hostel which might have more relaxed requirements.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@ktel wrote
I think you actually might have to be 19 in Ontario to book a hotel. Regardless, I would phone the hotels and ask or you could try a hostel which might have more relaxed requirements.

^+1 its 19 in Ontario
Was this helpful? Yes 0