yconic - volunteering on a nursing school application!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

volunteering on a nursing school application!

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hi guys,
I am in grade 11 and I really want to go to the ryerson site nursing program. Do you think that having volunteer experience at different hospitals will help me get a better chance of getting in?

Thanks in advance!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of maggie2092 maggie2092
It can't hurt!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gecko Gecko
^^ agreed, however, I beleive all highschool students are treated in the same in the sense they all are strictly accepted based on grades (for ryerson). I don't think ryerson has the Extra Curricular form you can fill out(some schools do). I may be wrong. I would contact the admissions office and ask though 416 979 5000 (called many times when going through applications)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
I honestly feel like it would be a waste of time when it comes to getting into school (except queens). The experience would be nice for yourself though.
I spend 3 years working at a hospital during high school, and 1 volunteering and I don't think I was even asked about it on my applications - its all about your grades.

When I applied to ryerson last year I didnt fill anything extra in except the OUAC information about where i live, how to contact me, where they can find my grades.
Was this helpful? Yes 0