yconic - wait for deca?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

wait for deca?

A photo of ac123 ac123
I was thinking of waiting for deca provincials to happen in mid february so I can write that i moved on to internationals if i do make it through. So i wanted to know should i just hand in my supplementary's for uni's or is it smart to wait till mid feb and then hand it in after deca? (if i dont make it then ill just write deca provincials on the application and submit it)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
well it depens on when your apps are due.. if you can wait for deca-then i say ya, wait (are your chances good of getting in to icdc?) if you're talking about queen's PSE though.. thats cutting it close right/ cuz it's due date is feb 15 and deca ends feb 14...

(you dont get extra standing for handing in ur pse 2 weeks early)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ac123 ac123
yeah i was talking in terms of laurier. laurier's ABS has a deadline in April, obviously i wont wait that long but I was hoping of submitting it on feb 15-16 for laurier? And yeah i do think i have a good chance because my partner and I came in top 3 for best presentation for regionals. so would it add weight to my ABS if I do make it to interntionals and write in it in my ABS?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555

@ac123 wrote
yeah i was talking in terms of laurier. laurier's ABS has a deadline in April, obviously i wont wait that long but I was hoping of submitting it on feb 15-16 for laurier? And yeah i do think i have a good chance because my partner and I came in top 3 for best presentation for regionals. so would it add weight to my ABS if I do make it to interntionals and write in it in my ABS?

yes internationals would add weighting every biz school knows what deca is and internationals is not easy..would add more weighting thatn something like president of photography club, cause of its relevance to your field....but yeah the timing kind of sucks in terms of essay deadlines, i had this problem last year...but i never stood a chance in hell past provincials so i didnt have to include it lols
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
for laurier- then YA go for it. it would defs add weight!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ac123 ac123
Okay, I think i will just write the ABS form this weekend and just submit it after provincials in mid feb depending on whether I make it or not :P. Thanks for your help guys!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ndrwzheng ndrwzheng

@ac123 wrote

Sorry if I sound ignorant, but if you have the ability to make it into ICDC, why would you even need to submit the ABS? Shouldn't your grades justify your performance? (Since I assume you'll know a lot about business, that would equate to high business course marks. Good speaker, good English marks etc).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
Since, this post is about to DECA, i was wondering if any of you in ontario are going for the pre-provincials this year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0