yconic - WAITLIST AT U OF T
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WAITLIST AT U OF T

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hey guys, right now I'm number 50 on a waitlist at U of T for a course which I realllly need to be in. I'm freaking out. What are my chances?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of kraken kraken
How many people are in the course total? if there are 500, your chances are better than if there are 25. it all depends.

Also, what is it and why do you realllly need to be in it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

There are either 450 or 480 spaces in total(I really want nothing more to do with ROSI today, so I'm not checking). It's HIS103, and it's the course I'm missing in order to become an international relations student. I'm already going into second year. I didn't know that I wanted it to be my other major until last year, which is unfortunate. I already have Eco105 (because I chose it as an elective) so it's all I need to get out of the way in order to get into the program. I want it out of the way, which is why i realllllly need to get into the class.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Ah. Well, you might get in eventually. If not, don't despair! You can wait till the 12th when classes start and waitlists are removed. Then check ROSI obsessively until someone drops the course, and join it. (if you end up doing this, start going to class right away even if you're not enrolled in it) Keep in mind that the last date to add F and Y courses is Sept 25th.

If you do this you might miss out at first on some course materials posted on blackboard, depending if the prof uses it... but you can probably email the prof explaining your situation and asking for the material, or just get it from a classmate, so shouldn't be a huge deal.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

That is very comforting news! Thanks :) This info has helped me more than my registrar has with this in two phone calls. I hope I can figure something out, seeing as the only solution the advisor I was speaking to offered was taking it in the summer...which doesn't work for me. Fingers crossed!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
you're welcome, good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jesushchrist jesushchrist
i took that class last year and a number of people dropped it...so don't fret...

you will be in the company of men and women of college soon enough...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted