yconic - Waitlisted for ryerson business management
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waitlisted for ryerson business management

A photo of Bawwwwss Bawwwwss
I got waitlisted for the ryerson business management program, what is the chance of me getting accepted later on in June or July? I have an average of 79% at the moment. Also, do final grades count towards admission services making a decision? Thanks! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of Mgill Mgill
I got wait listed as well. All we can do is get our marks as high as possible in till the end of the year and hope a spot opens up. I need some details on this though. I don't know how it works at all and I'm wondering if I should just accept an offer tonight.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessicax0x32 jessicax0x32
thast so weird! my friend got in with a 79!
and apparenly finals do count but avaibility counts more since you're wait listed.
if you dont mind me asking, what was your mark in engligh and math?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thagger101 thagger101
Is waitlisting only with Ryerson or do other schools have a waitlist sort of thing? btw i heard of others getting in with a 79, i personally got in with an 80.66
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mgill Mgill
I have a 79.3% average lol. My english and math marks were my worst marks by far and I think will be my ultimate down fall. I got a 72% english and a 70% in data management..I have no idea how the wait list works either. Anyone know anything about it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessicax0x32 jessicax0x32
everything you need to know
http://www.ryerson.ca/undergraduate/admission/apply/waitlist.html
and its not that bad, get them a bit higher and you should be fine
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Student1111 Student1111
I am on the waitlist for the Business Management program as well, and my average for top 6 marks was a 77.7%. Can anyone tell me if I maintain that average, if i have a chance to get in the program? And also when have people started to hear back in prior years, in June, July, or August?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heartlesssoul heartlesssoul
I did not hear anything from Ryerson...My average is 80.5
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FearLess FearLess
My average is 86.5 and i had originally got an offer from Ryerson for business management but chose another university over it (Brock BAcc). After some thinking, I have changed my mind. I am now wait listed for BM. What are my chances?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of supercool101 supercool101
I am going to be entering business management in the fall. Last year, i applied to many programs at ryerson (I'm going into my 3rd year so i am transferring to ryerson next year) and i was waitlisted for every program i applied to including BM since i applied after the guaranteed admission deadline. What i did was called in and talked to the admission officer for each program i applied to and made them look at my uni + high school transcripts and after them seeing my good grades, they put me on "top" of the waitlist so as soon as a spot opened i would be the first one to get it since it is the next most qualified applicant who gets the place. I personally didn't get a spot last year, but this year i got in right away since i applied waay earlier but you guys can try calling admission officers for business management and tell them to take a look at your application and just verify the status. Never know if it would work or not. Good luck hope you make it!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

To add to my previous post, keep your grades up because they are looking for the next, best qualified applicant from the wait list to fill in an open spot, so you would want to stand out. In other words, final grades do count! Having said that, luck might also play a role for anyone on the wait list. You are going against many wait listed applicants and are highly dependent on spaces opening up. Make sure to have a back up plan in case but also keep your hopes up!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@supercool101 wrote
To add to my previous post, keep your grades up because they are looking for the next, best qualified applicant from the wait list to fill in an open spot, so you would want to stand out. In other words, final grades do count! Having said that, luck might also play a role for anyone on the wait list. You are going against many wait listed applicants and are highly dependent on spaces opening up. Make sure to have a back up plan in case but also keep your hopes up!

My average is 80.5 and I am 105 applicant...What do you think my chances are?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heartlesssoul wrote

@supercool101 wrote

I am guessing the rest of the group of applicants currently on the wait list either have around the same average as you OR an average lower than yours (mid 70s possibly). 80.5 should have gotten you in, i have heard of people at 79% getting in. Have you tried calling admissions? Ask to be transferred to the admission officer for business management and inquire about your spot on the wait list. The wait list consists of SEVERAL people so perhaps speaking directly with the person handling your application would help tremendously in helping them notice you from a big crowd. Have them look at your high school and uni/college transcripts again. If you're a 105 applicant, did you attend uni or college and if so, how did you do? they look at those marks as well!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@supercool101 wrote

@heartlesssoul wrote

@supercool101 wrote

I am guessing the rest of the group of applicants currently on the wait list either have around the same average as you OR an average lower than yours (mid 70s possibly). 80.5 should have gotten you in, i have heard of people at 79% getting in. Have you tried calling admissions? Ask to be transferred to the admission officer for business management and inquire about your spot on the wait list. The wait list consists of SEVERAL people so perhaps speaking directly with the person handling your application would help tremendously in helping them notice you from a big crowd. Have them look at your high school and uni/college transcripts again. If you're a 105 applicant, did you attend uni or college and if so, how did you do? they look at those marks as well!

The thing is that I did not attend any college or university. I just took sometime off from the high school..I called admissions couple times but I did not ask them to transfer the call to Business Management officer...Do you think they will 'easily' transfer if I ask them or they'd need a good reason?

And I was not placed on the wait list..My status still says 'under review'
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heartlesssoul wrote

@supercool101 wrote

@heartlesssoul wrote

@supercool101 wrote

The thing is that I did not attend any college or university. I just took sometime off from the high school..I called admissions couple times but I did not ask them to transfer the call to Business Management officer...Do you think they will 'easily' transfer if I ask them or they'd need a good reason?

Did you apply after the guaranteed admission deadline, which i believe was around march 1st - 10th? If so, that might be why you never got a response and your status being under review still. Yes they will easily transfer you but some might ask why. Tell them you need a solid answer to somethings relating to your application and you would like to speak to the officer directly taking care of your application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@supercool101 wrote

@heartlesssoul wrote

@supercool101 wrote

@heartlesssoul wrote

@supercool101 wrote

Did you apply after the guaranteed admission deadline, which i believe was around march 1st - 10th? If so, that might be why you never got a response and your status being under review still. Yes they will easily transfer you but some might ask why. Tell them you need a solid answer to somethings relating to your application and you would like to speak to the officer directly taking care of your application.

Thank you for taking time and replying to my post. It says on my portal that the official transcripts were received by the Business Management on March 1, 2011. I will try contacting business management officer on Monday
Was this helpful? Yes 0