yconic - wanna study acturial science at UofT
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

wanna study acturial science at UofT

A photo of Skytruelove Skytruelove
Hi, I'm thinking about being an actuary in the future and I want to go to U of T.

First, should I major in actuarial science or statistics? What are the differences?

Second, I'm in BC high school grade 12 right now which means that I will graduate next year. What do you think the average cut off will be like? Will it be 95 percent cuz I've heard that the cut off lines these years are super high.

Also, If I have a principle of math 12 and calculus AP, will they look at both or just one of them?

Thank u very much =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@Skytruelove wrote
Hi, I'm thinking about being an actuary in the future and I want to go to U of T.

First, should I major in actuarial science or statistics? What are the differences?

Second, I'm in BC high school grade 12 right now which means that I will graduate next year. What do you think the average cut off will be like? Will it be 95 percent cuz I've heard that the cut off lines these years are super high.

Also, If I have a principle of math 12 and calculus AP, will they look at both or just one of them?

Thank u very much =)

I never knew they had an actuarial science program at UoFT...you should look into the one at waterloo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Skytruelove Skytruelove

@Viking21 wrote

@Skytruelove wrote

Thank u very much =)

I never knew they had an actuarial science program at UoFT...you should look into the one at waterloo.

I'm pretty sure they have an actuarial science program at UofT.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of link link
U of T does but its inferior to waterloo's. Employers love experiance and uoft doesnt give u that...
Was this helpful? Yes 0