yconic - Warning: Stupid Question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Warning: Stupid Question

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Ok so I know most residence rooms are 1-2 people, I have seen a few schools with 3 person rooms, is there any schools that have more to a room then that? I am just wondering out of curiosity. It would be fun having a big room with like 5 people in it. Thanks!:cat:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
There are suites with multiple rooms, but I don't know of any places other than hostels where that many people stay in a single room. I also don't think it would be quite as fun as you think.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
I haven't heard of a quintuple room, but triples are more than enough. As it is, it's hard to get 3 peoples' sleep schedules to match. It would be even harder with 5! Other than the sleep complaint and an occasional unreasonable roommate (uncommon), triples are a lot of fun and I highly suggest living in one, especially with the cost savings.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
I've only heard of triples and quads, pretty sure no one (except apparently you lol) would ever want to live in a quint. In all honesty having 3+ people in the same bedroom would most likely be a nightmare.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK
My friend at Imperial is in a tiple room (because it was the cheapest) and he is now regretting the decision big time. On the occasions I've been out in London and stayed with him I've seen how difficult it is in so many ways: work times, general tidiness, late nights... and of course, bringing a member of the opposite sex back! The 2 guys he shares with are nice enough, but all 3 are from very difficult backgrounds, taking different programs, and while diversity and meeting other people is always good... they don't seem to have a great relationship that you may be imagining.

I was a boarder at school, with large rooms in younger years and double / single in my final 2 years... the work load was obviously far less intense, but we DID develop an amazing friendship between us, however consequently the environment was certainly not conducive to learning and I benefited from a single room a lot. I would suggest seriously considering other options, perhaps a double if you really don't want to be alone, but any more than that is tricky (in my view).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Thanks for the input. But a reminder, Im not looking for opinions, I am just curious about this room idea.

Does anyone know what schools have the triple or quad?

Im probably going to want a single or double but just looking at all the options :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Mac has triples and quads, moreso now than ever because more and more people are applying each year. This year they even offered $$ to people to drop out of rez because they ran out of space.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tpenney12 tpenney12
Guelph has a residence consisting of mainly triples, with a quad. There not very common anymore, mainly you will see doubles and singles because it gets less crazy!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of usctrojan11 usctrojan11
I have 3 roommates in a studio dorm and its not exactly fun. I would much rather have just one roommate. As of now, I have no privacy and it seems like I'm the only one who ever studies. I actually thought about ordering a privacy pop.

Anyway, be careful what you wish for!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of usctrojan11 usctrojan11

@usctrojan11 wrote
I have 3 roommates in a studio dorm and its not exactly fun. I would much rather have just one roommate. As of now, I have no privacy and it seems like I'm the only one who ever studies. I actually thought about ordering a privacy pop.

Anyway, be careful what you wish for!

I ordered my privacy pop. Wish me luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0