yconic - Waterloo Accounting AFM FM
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo Accounting AFM FM

A photo of Sujicaa Sujicaa
So I applied for Accounting at Waterloo not the PA one the FM one. And my average is around an 86% right now. Do you think i'd get in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Just to be clear, the former Public Accounting (PA) co-op option is now Chartered Accountancy (OUAC code WPA) and the former Financial Management (FM) co-op option is now Business & Finance (OUAC code WFM).

In my estimation, a competitive average for Business & Finance is between 87 and 91.

To receive an invitation to the AFMAA, you need a low-mid 80s average (82-85) and certain marks in the prerequisite courses. Anyone who writes the AFMAA qualifies for acceptance.

So, as you may or may not have noticed, an 86% average is a little bit on the low end. You can still get in if you have a good AFMAA and AIF. Your PM (which I figured I would just answer here so everyone can see the answers) said an 85 average: that lowers your chances even more. With an 85, you would need a really good AIF and AFMAA. I know more PAs than FMs, but I don't know of many FMs with averages not in the high 80s (or even low 90s).

Try to raise that average if you can, and best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0