yconic - Waterloo AFM Invitaions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo AFM Invitaions

A photo of adriennenaval adriennenaval
I was just wondering if anyone has gotten an invitation for the Accounting and Financial Management Admissions Test?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
56 replies

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
i havent - but i was thinking of starting a similar post: good thinking
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Windsongs4 wrote
i havent - but i was thinking of starting a similar post: good thinking

aha thanks :) what's your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SevenFlow SevenFlow
haha wow I was just about to start the same thread too, since AFMAA is on the 31st I thought they would have started sending out invites already but guess not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SevenFlow wrote
haha wow I was just about to start the same thread too, since AFMAA is on the 31st I thought they would have started sending out invites already but guess not.

aha I beat you all to it! I'm very anxious to get it. They said they'll be sending out rolling invites until March 12 but it appears that no one has gotten it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dents27 dents27
i haven't received mine yet, i just hope that i get invited to write the test, eventhough Waterloo isn't my number one choice
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dents27 wrote
i haven't received mine yet, i just hope that i get invited to write the test, eventhough Waterloo isn't my number one choice

It's my 3rd choice too but I really want to get invited @ least !
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
ya same here :P also i didnt know that they have an end date of March 12 for invites! :@:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
I got invited..Do I need to go? And I thought it was for only people with low-mid 80s averages?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Just got mine today. btw what's a proctor?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

JUST GOT MY INVITE!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DecemberStorm DecemberStorm
got mine today too. A proctor is basically a supervisor during exams. In the FAQ page it says your can request a proctor if you live outside of the 400km radius of Waterloo. I probably will need one cuz Ottawa is 550km away..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jayce47 wrote

A proctor is basically just someone who supervises you while you're writing the test!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@Finance27 wrote
I got invited..Do I need to go? And I thought it was for only people with low-mid 80s averages?

Only people who write the AFMAA will qualify for admissions. So yes, you have to go.

@Jayce47 wrote

A proctor is someone who monitors you while you write the AFMAA. There's proctors on campus in each of the rooms watching all of the writers. If you live more than 400km away (I believe) you can arrange to write with a proctor where you live. The proctor can be an accountant with a professional designation, a professional engineer, doctor, lawyer, policeman, teacher, etc. (there's a big list on the AFMAA FAQ page on the AFM site).P

You all seem pretty excited to get your invites compared to last year. That's good and all, shows you care, but just remember that most people do get invited: it's the actual acceptances that's the big deal. Congrats though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@DecemberStorm wrote
got mine today too. A proctor is basically a supervisor during exams. In the FAQ page it says your can request a proctor if you live outside of the 400km radius of Waterloo. I probably will need one cuz Ottawa is 550km away..

Just remember, if you want to use this as an opportunity to come visit the campus (if you haven't already, or if you just want to see it again) and would like a chance to talk with current AFM and SAF students, SAF professors and staff, and prospective students, plus check out the SAF building and all of the booths and student panels and stuff, you can still come. If you don't want to though (it is a long drive), you'd definitely qualify for a proctor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Do we need to go...can we still get accepted to the program w/o writing AFMAA
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Finance27 wrote

The posts have been coming in pretty fast, so you probably missed my post (#16). I'll say it again.

To qualify for acceptance to the AFM program, you MUST write the AFMAA. Those that do not write will not be considered.

So, put another way, YES, you DO need to write the AFMAA to get accepted. You CANNOT be accepted W/O writing it.

Edit: NO ONE is guaranteed acceptance, that is why everyone must write.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@caveman wrote

@Finance27 wrote

The posts have been coming in pretty fast, so you probably missed my post (#16). I'll say it again.

To qualify for acceptance to the AFM program, you MUST write the AFMAA. Those that do not write will not be considered.

So, put another way, YES, you DO need to write the AFMAA to get accepted. You CANNOT be accepted W/O writing it.

Thats BS 75$ more LOL...I got under a month to decide. Let's see if I should write it or not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Finance27 wrote
Thats BS 75$ more LOL...I got under a month to decide. Let's see if I should write it or not.

It adds another element to the application process. There are people with averages from 83 to 99 accepted and rejected. The $75 covers some of the costs for the AFMAA, but it's also a good cash-grab.

It's an amazing program and I would highly recommend applying. The SAF community is awesome and UW was ranked 1st overall by Maclean's again.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Finance27 wrote

@caveman wrote

@Finance27 wrote

LOL. Why must they want more money :( But yes, under a month to decide! Is anyone actually set on writing it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tusaani tusaani
I dunno... would you guys pick AFM-FM or Ivey?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Virtuoso Virtuoso
Hi guys, what were your averages like? I still haven't gotten my invite.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of w18 w18
Yes! Got my invite. :D

Applying to university is so expensive!
On the website it says that if you don't go, you won't be considered for the program so you should go! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@tusaani wrote
I dunno... would you guys pick AFM-FM or Ivey?

It depends on what you plan to go through for.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dents27 dents27
Got the invite this afternoon, and my overall average for first semester and gr12 adv. functions (which i took in gr 11) is 88.25%
Was this helpful? Yes 0