yconic - Waterloo AFM program admission requirements in gr 12 and 11
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo AFM program admission requirements in gr 12 and 11

A photo of heyppl123 heyppl123
i wana get into afm program which is like 88-89 admission average
i got an 82 in gr11 ENG which i dont want them to see
they will look at my gr11ENG(summer schooled) if i get gr12ENG second sem of gr12
should i take ENG summer school or will waterloo not like that and drop my eng12 average?
wat if i take summer school for like another subject like accounting?
on the website it says recommended data and accounting, i was wondering if i should try my best to make them count as my top 6 marks becuz there are these easy business courses in my school that would be my mark booster, im sure i'll use data but accounting12 is really hard in my school, wat should i do?

im in gr 11 fastracking advanced function and i got a really bad teacher, i was wondering if i drop the course before midterms, will it show on my transcript that it twice if i take it again next year?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Pharger Pharger
It doesn't matter, just make sure you can maintain an 85% average during gr12, and they'll admit you eligible for their Exam.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Waterloo takes off marks for summer school courses I think. Try e-mailing the admissions office.

^ You need an 85 to get an invite, but the admission average for PA was 92 last year and FM was 89.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Universities won't look at your gr. 11 english mark and be like "oh, this person took it in summer and only got 82, rejected!" lol. Universities don't reject anyone based on their grade 11 marks, they only accept, (and an 82 isn't even bad lol) so you shouldn't worry. And try to avoid summer school/repeating courses if you can because I think Waterloo is one of the pickier schools when it comes to those.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heyppl123 heyppl123

@g93 wrote
Waterloo takes off marks for summer school courses I think. Try e-mailing the admissions office.

^ You need an 85 to get an invite, but the admission average for PA was 92 last year and FM was 89.

for recommended it says accouting and data
is it ok if i dont use accounting as my top 6 cuz its really hard in my school?
i plan on using: ENG DATA InternationalBusines OrganizationalBusiness AdvancedF Calculus
that ok? or will they not like the fact that i didnt use the recommended accounting
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@heyppl123 wrote

@g93 wrote

for recommended it says accouting and data
is it ok if i dont use accounting as my top 6 cuz its really hard in my school?
i plan on using: ENG DATA InternationalBusines OrganizationalBusiness AdvancedF Calculus
that ok? or will they not like the fact that i didnt use the recommended accounting

They just recommend that you take accounting because it will be very helpful to you in first year (it is an accounting program). You do not need to use it for your top 6 though.

They will fill out your top 6 with your best marks automatically. If accounting is not as high, they will not include it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted