yconic - Waterloo AIF and Vic Profile
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo AIF and Vic Profile

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I have a couple of questions about the Waterloo AIF and UT Victoria College Profile I'm hoping someone can provide some answers to.

1. What style of writing are they expecting? Should I write it formally or informally? Like I'm talking about myself to a friend or like I'm talking about myself in an interview?

2. On the Waterloo AIF it asks for a teacher reference, specifically a grade 12 Math teacher. Does this mean I can't use my physics teacher as a reference?

3. On the Victoria Profile it asks this question: Describe an intellectual adventure that you have been on. What impact did it have on you as a student/learner?
I'm absolutely stumped on this question ): Should I write about a book I read or something?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of paramecium paramecium
Best to call up Waterloo for AIF info.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Shaya Shaya
I have to fill out an AIF for Waterloo too. They are definitely expecting formal writing. I am not sure about the math teacher question though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North

@Impasse wrote
2. On the Waterloo AIF it asks for a teacher reference, specifically a grade 12 Math teacher. Does this mean I can't use my physics teacher as a reference?

Seeing as it says a teacher from Advanced Functions or Calculus, then no you can't use your physics teacher for this section. Unless of course they also taught you AF or Calc
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rochrox rochrox
An intellectual adventure? Oh my. :cyclops:

I think I would tackle that one by going with something that made me think. Maybe it was a particularly challenging book, but I'd be more inclined to go with a project. Anything that stretched your mind and challenged you to think in different ways (:
Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JacobRagetli JacobRagetli
Yeah seems like somewhat of a strange request, I wonder what they might be looking for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emlang emlang
QUESTION: on the AIF form it says 900 characters, is that WITH or WITHOUT spaces...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@emlang wrote
QUESTION: on the AIF form it says 900 characters, is that WITH or WITHOUT spaces...

I'm pretty sure it's with spaces.

Thanks for all the answers :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bambam bambam
Question:
Is this reference letter from a math teacher only for people applying to Waterloo Math? because this is the first time I'm hearing about it. It doesn't say anything about that on my AIF. I applied to Engineering and 'Science and Business'.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North

@bambam wrote
Question:
Is this reference letter from a math teacher only for people applying to Waterloo Math? because this is the first time I'm hearing about it. It doesn't say anything about that on my AIF. I applied to Engineering and 'Science and Business'.

Yes it is only for the Faculty of Mathematics. Different programs have different tabs to fill out. I belive that everyone has to fill out the About You Part A & B forms as well as the Courses page. The Math programs fill out the "Contests and Reference" Page and engineering has the "Engineering" tab
Was this helpful? Yes 0