yconic - waterloo aif deadline
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

waterloo aif deadline

A photo of TigerBlood TigerBlood
http://findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/thenextstep/applicants/aif.php

^For the FINAL deadline for Faculty of Engineering programs it says its been extended to mar 18th but the form on their quest site doesnt let me edit the form saying its after deadline as original deadline was march 4th!

I saved but didnt submit the form so I could get my friend to find some last minute typos&mistakes but now it is stuck in a limbo!

will they reset the deadline or what?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of nightmare56 nightmare56

@TigerBlood wrote
http://findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/thenextstep/applicants/aif.php

^For the FINAL deadline for Faculty of Engineering programs it says its been extended to mar 18th but the form on their quest site doesnt let me edit the form saying its after deadline as original deadline was march 4th!

I saved but didnt submit the form so I could get my friend to find some last minute typos&mistakes but now it is stuck in a limbo!

will they reset the deadline or what?

i am in exactly the same situation as you. When i read it was due march 18th i was gonna have my brother read it. now the only page i can edit and submit is the engineering tab. the about you part a, part b and courses tab are untouchable. :pale:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jopet Jopet
Sorry to tell you guys, but the ENGINEERING AIF was due on FEBRUARY 16th. I think the March 4th (or new March 18th) deadline is meant for extenuating circumstances, and/or it's the date from which everything (like documents) must be sent to them by.

On the AIF FAQ tab, I'm sure it says something that they will not receive anything from you if it's past the deadline. In other words, that explains why you guys cannot edit/submit anything.

I also read somewhere that if you couldn't submit on time, you could contact them and give them a proper reason as to why you couldn't submit on time. Hopefully this helps. Please CONTACT THEM IMMEDIATELY and I wish you goodluck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thisisme1111 thisisme1111
im in the same situation. however, i belive it is just a glitch in the system and will be fixed. dont listen to jopet, the deadline was not feb 16th, it is infact extended to march 18th.

If anyone hears from Waterloo please update all of us.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TigerBlood TigerBlood

@Jopet wrote
Sorry to tell you guys, but the ENGINEERING AIF was due on FEBRUARY 16th. I think the March 4th (or new March 18th) deadline is meant for extenuating circumstances, and/or it's the date from which everything (like documents) must be sent to them by.

On the AIF FAQ tab, I'm sure it says something that they will not receive anything from you if it's past the deadline. In other words, that explains why you guys cannot edit/submit anything.

I also read somewhere that if you couldn't submit on time, you could contact them and give them a proper reason as to why you couldn't submit on time. Hopefully this helps. Please CONTACT THEM IMMEDIATELY and I wish you goodluck!

lol what are you on? even the deadline on the aif said march 4th! which supposedly they extended to march 18th but no one actually edit the form, blunder on waterloo's side really
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of khalilch2 khalilch2
the AIF deadline is forsure extended but I as well cannot submit.. what do we do :S?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
This is what happens when people procrastinate,
tsktsk..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru

@khalilch2 wrote
the AIF deadline is forsure extended but I as well cannot submit.. what do we do :S?

email them the application?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inspirative inspirative
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I just emailed them, hopefully I'll get a reply by tmr.

I guess they just haven't updated the extended date on Quest. Perhaps they were meaning to update on Monday? Since Friday was the deadline.

I just hope they fix it soon ;-; I had it done and everything, I just wanted to proof read before I submitted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of civilboy civilboy
yo tiger woods when did u get in u of t?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jopet Jopet
Jeez guys my apologies, I was just trying to help :\

Anyways, I was right when the deadline was originally for February 16th (recommended date), but final is for March 4th. I didn't know that they extended the deadline and changed it to: "It is recommended that you complete your AIF by March 4, 2011. March 9, 2011 is the final deadline for submission for Architecture applicants and March 18, 2011 is the final deadline for Engineering applicants."
http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/admissions/Admissions/AIF.htm
(I wished they emailed you if there were any changes to anything!)

BTW, I completed my AIF in early February, so right now I'm just holding my breath. And yes, I totally agree with thisisme1111 for the possibility of glitches and so on. Again, I did mine well before the *original* recommended deadline and if you haven't done it yet, your way past the *new* recommended deadline of March 4th. So goodluck again to those filling it out and having issues. Hopefully, it gets fixed soon!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of civilboy civilboy
just submitted mine 20 minutes ago lmao... i called them this morning talked to the girl who views all the 101 ouac applications for engineering gotta wait for may for acceptance she even said if u have 95 average nd submitted the aif at this time dont expect anything till may not like i really care im 80% sure im not going waterloo the antisocial ghost town nd zero spirit of waterloo just isnt for me
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thisisme1111 thisisme1111

@civilboy wrote
just submitted mine 20 minutes ago lmao... i called them this morning talked to the girl who views all the 101 ouac applications for engineering gotta wait for may for acceptance she even said if u have 95 average nd submitted the aif at this time dont expect anything till may not like i really care im 80% sure im not going waterloo the antisocial ghost town nd zero spirit of waterloo just isnt for me

Not true, I submitted mine late and I received an offer for Mechatronics a few days ago. I did not have a 95+ average either, it was very close to 95% however. So if you submitted it late, do not lose hope.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of milkandoreos milkandoreos
Hello everyone,

After browsing this site I discovered that upon my conditional offer of acceptance I was required to fill out an AIF form way back in March. Something I was not aware of until today! Will this affect my conditional offer or chances for scholarships?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0