yconic - Waterloo AIF Question 6 - Better to answer it or to leave it alone?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo AIF Question 6 - Better to answer it or to leave it alone?

A photo of Urnehpets Urnehpets
So I was reading through the Waterloo Adimission Information Form and came upon question 6.

"For Ontario high school students only: Have you completed or are you currently enrolled in any Grade 11 or Grade 12 courses other than those offered by your conventional day school, e,g., night school, correspondence, summer school, etc.? If YES, please list below."

My question being would it be better to answer this question or not at all, considering the fact that I've read Waterloo sees summer school courses differently?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of jzliu jzliu

@Urnehpets wrote
So I was reading through the Waterloo Adimission Information Form and came upon question 6.

"For Ontario high school students only: Have you completed or are you currently enrolled in any Grade 11 or Grade 12 courses other than those offered by your conventional day school, e,g., night school, correspondence, summer school, etc.? If YES, please list below."

My question being would it be better to answer this question or not at all, considering the fact that I've read Waterloo sees summer school courses differently?

Why would you not list them -.- But... Waterloo can see whether or not your marks are summer school or not so... lying is futile :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kyleigh711 kyleigh711
jzliu is right, they can see from your ouac information that you've taken summer school courses, and yes they will subtract a few percentage points for this. However, if you lie on your application and don't tell them where you took the courses, they can see that and they probably won't like it.

Also, I kind of doubt that where you took your courses is a significant enough issue for it to matter, but I'm pretty sure that they can and will take away acceptances if they find out that you lied on your application, so don't risk it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lolcostco lolcostco
Answer it, there's no harm in doing so. They can already tell if your courses are from regular day school or not anyway..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Urnehpets Urnehpets
Ok my bad, that was a pretty troller post. :albino:
Was this helpful? Yes 0