yconic - Waterloo AIF Question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo AIF Question

A photo of VivekanJey VivekanJey
When Waterloo places 900 character and 300 character limits on some questions, does anyone know what they consider as characters? Like are they referring to characters including or excluding spaces??

And what kinds of things did you guys put under the free question that asks us to describe anything about ourselves? Was it basically EC related stuff?

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of caveman caveman
Characters = anything you type into that box. So spaces, letters, or punctuation.

I don't remember that question really, but I probably either just said a little something about myself that wasn't apparent in my ECs (you already had the chance to list your ECs and awards/achievements, so no reason to do it again), or left it blank.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cloverhannah cloverhannah

@caveman wrote
Characters = anything you type into that box. So spaces, letters, or punctuation.

I don't remember that question really, but I probably either just said a little something about myself that wasn't apparent in my ECs (you already had the chance to list your ECs and awards/achievements, so no reason to do it again), or left it blank.

ya..every word/ space u type is counted :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous12 Anonymous12
Oh god...a space as a character. I'm screwed :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0